Subject: [P2Prg] AW: [wwrf-wg2] IEEE Communications Magazine Special Issue on MobileService Platforms - CFP

From: "Kellerer, Wolfgang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:00:42 +0100

Dear Geng-Sheng,
 
thank you very much for considering our feature topic in the IEEE ComMag. We are looking forward to your submission.
 
Regards,
 
Wolfgang

------------------------------------------
Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Kellerer
Manager
Ubiquitous Services Platforms
Future Networking Lab

DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe GmbH
Landsberger Str. 312
80687 Munich, Germany

Tel. +49-89-56824-222
Fax. +49-89-56824-300
E-mail: [email-masked]
i-mode: [email-masked]
http://www.docomolab-euro.com <http://www.docomolab-euro.com/> 
------------------------------------------

ASWN2006 - The 6th International Workshop on Applications and Services in Wireless Networks, Berlin, May 29-31, 2006 http://www.aswn2006.org <http://www.aswn2006.org/> 

  _____  

	Von: Geng-Sheng Kuo [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. November 2005 16:12
	An: Kellerer, Wolfgang; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
	Cc: [email-masked]; Kellerer, Wolfgang
	Betreff: Re: [wwrf-wg2] IEEE Communications Magazine Special Issue on MobileService Platforms - CFP

	Dear Wolfgang and Stefan,

	We, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, would like to submit a paper based on our project to this Special Issue for your consideration.

	Best Regards,

	G.S.

		----- Original Message ----- 
		From: "Kellerer, Wolfgang" 
		To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked] 
		Subject: [wwrf-wg2] IEEE Communications Magazine Special Issue on Mobile Service Platforms - CFP 
		Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:12:49 +0100 

		Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this 
		announcement. 
		-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

		IEEE Communications Magazine 
		
		Advances in Service Platform Technologies for Next Generation Mobile Systems 
		
		Call for Papers 

		http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/commag/cfpcommag906.htm 

		Background 
		Mobile communications has evolved to an integral component in our 
		everyday life providing a growing variety of services. Traditional 
		cellular technologies have been enhanced by Internet technologies 
		in order to repeat the enormous success of the Internet also for 
		mobile environments. In addition, the trend of ubiquitous computing 
		introduces large-scale interaction with the environment based on 
		sensors and actuators. Industry is pushing new standards that allow 
		high data rate mobile multimedia applications as well as seamless 
		communication across heterogeneous access and networking 
		technologies. In such a diverse world, the success of the next 
		generation mobile communication systems will depend on services and 
		applications that will be provided. Future service platforms are 
		expected to integrate those different paradigms providing open 
		interfaces to service and application providers taking new software 
		technologies into account. New paradigms are emerging that need to 
		be supported. For example, the customer acceptance is considered to 
		be widely increased by tailoring services and applications to 
		actual user needs, their preferences and the context a user is in. 
		Another example is peer-to-peer services, where (mobile) users 
		directly interact with each other without central control. A well 
		engineered next generation service platform should provide all 
		means to allow innovative services to be created, deployed, and 
		managed addressing customer and provider needs. For example, third 
		party interfaces will allow chaining of expertise in service 
		provisioning. In addition, semantic technologies may help to 
		structure contextual knowledge about the userís environment. 

		Scope of Contributions 
		The papers of this feature topic will focus on advanced concepts 
		for next generation mobile service platforms. We solicit papers 
		covering a variety of topics that include, but are not limited to 
		the following aspects: 
		
		- Open service architectures (open interfaces, transition of 
		OSA/Parlay/IMS towards B3G/4G) 
		
		- Advanced IP-based service signaling architectures and protocols 
		(including session mobility) 
		
		- Concepts and realization of emerging features for B3G/4G mobile 
		service platforms (context awareness, personalization, agents, 
		service adaptation) 
		
		- Decentralized, self-organized service platforms (e.g., peer-to-peer systems) 
		
		- Ubiquitous service platforms (smart cards, sensor networks) and 
		their integration with mobile systems service platforms (service 
		gateways) 
		
		- Service discovery and service composition, including the 
		application of semantic information 

		Papers should be of tutorial in nature and authors must follow the 
		IEEE Communications Magazine guidelines for preparation of the 
		manuscript. For further detail please refer to 'Information for 
		Authors' on the IEEE Communications Magazine web site at 
		http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/commag/sub_guidelines.html. 
		
		Manuscripts should be submitted through Manuscript Central at 
		http://commag-ieee.manuscriptcentral.com/ by December 31, 2005. 
		Please select 'September 2006/Advances in Service Platform 
		Technologies for Next Generation Mobile Systems' in the drop down 
		menu. 

		Schedule of Submissions 

		Manuscript submission: December 31, 2005 
		
		Notification of acceptance: April 1, 2006 
		
		Final manuscripts due: June 15, 2006 
		
		Publication date: September 2006 

		Guest Editors 
		
		Wolfgang Kellerer 
		DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe 
		Landsberger Str. 312 
		80687 Munich, Germany 
		Tel: +49-89-56824-222 
		Email: [email-masked] 
		
		Stefan Arbanowski 
		Fraunhofer FOKUS 
		Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31 
		10589 Berlin, Germany 
		Tel.: +49-30-3463-8197 
		Email: [email-masked] 
		
		------------------------------------------ 
		Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Kellerer 
		Manager 
		Ubiquitous Services Platforms 
		Future Networking Lab 
		
		DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe GmbH Landsberger Str. 312 
		80687 Munich, Germany 
		
		Tel. +49-89-56824-222 
		Fax. +49-89-56824-300 
		E-mail: [email-masked] 
		i-mode: [email-masked] 
		http://www.docomolab-euro.com 
		------------------------------------------ 

	-- 

	___________________________________________________
	Play 100s of games for FREE! http://games.mail.com/

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg