Subject: [P2Prg] CFP: Hot-P2P 2007

From: "Matteo Dell'Amico" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:13:13 +0200

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

                Fourth International Workshop on
        Hot Topics in Peer-to-Peer Systems (Hot-P2P 07)
        Friday, 30th March 2007, Long Beach, California USA
           http://web-minds.consorzio-cini.it/hot-p2p-07/

                In 2007 in conjunction with IPDPS 2007
             Monday, 26th March - Friday, 30th March 2007
                    http://www.ipdps.org/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) systems are decentralized, self-organizing distributed
systems
that cooperate to exchange data. These systems have emerged as the dominant
consumers of residential Internet subscribers' bandwidth, and are being
increasingly used in many different application domains. In the last few
years,
research on P2P systems has been quite intensive, and has produced
remarkable
results in scalability, robustness, location, distributed storage, and
system measurements.
Consequently, P2P systems continue to evolve, differentiating today's
state-of-the-art from
earlier instantiations such as Napster, KaZaA, Gnutella, and Morpheus.

The International Workshop on Hot Topics in Peer-to-Peer Systems (Hot-P2P),
aims
to bring together researchers and practitioners, from both industry and
academia,
in the fields of systems, networking, and theory, and to represent an
occasion to
share latest research results and ideas on P2P systems, thereby promoting
research
activities in this area.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Applications of P2P systems
* P2P systems and infrastructures
* Performance evaluation of P2P systems
* Workload characterization for P2P systems
* Trust, Reputation, and Security issues in P2P systems
* Network support for P2P systems
* Protocols for resource managements/discovery/scheduling and their
evaluation
* Fault tolerance in P2P systems
* DHT and other scalable lookup algorithms
* Self-organization and self-management in Grid-like environments

---------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Full papers submission deadline: Saturday, November 11, 2006

Notification of acceptance/rejection: Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Camera-ready version due: Monday, January 22, 2007

---------------------------------------------------------------------
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PROCEEDINGS
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Full papers will be submitted electronically using the EDAS Conference
Management
System. Papers should be up to 8 pages, using IEEE's two column format
and include the author's name, affiliation and contact details.

Detailed information on electronic submission will provided on the web site
of the workshop (http://web-minds.consorzio-cini.it/hot-p2p-07).

Papers will be selected based on scientific rigor, originality, novelty and
presentation
quality. By submitting a paper to Hot-P2P, the authors guarantee that their
papers
are not currently submitted or accepted for publication elsewhere. Each
paper will
be reviewed by at least 3 anonymous referees appointed by the Program
Committee.

A condition of submission is that an author attends to give the
presentation.

The IPDPS Proceedings, including all the workshop papers, will be published
in
the IEEE Computer Society digital library. A CD containing full papers will
be
given to the participants attending the conference and/or workshops, the
abstracts will be published on paper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
PROGRAM COMMITTEE
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The preliminary Program Committee includes the following people.

Program Co-chairs:
Giovanni Chiola, Universita' di Genova (Italy)
Franck Cappello, INRIA/Universite' Paris Sud (France)

Program Committee members:
Cosimo Anglano, Universita' del Piemonte Orientale (Italy)
Giuseppe Ateniese, Johns Hopkins University (USA)
Julien Bourgeois, LIFC, Universite' Franche-Comte (France)
Franck Cappello, INRIA/Universite' Paris Sud (France)
Walfredo Cirne, Universidade Federal de Campina Grande (Brasil)
Michele Colajanni, Universita' di Modena e Reggio Emilia (Italy)
Antonio Corradi, Universita' di Bologna (Italy)
Paul Ezhilchelvan, University of Newcastle (UK)
Thomas Furhmann, UniversitÀt Karlsruhe (Germany)
Luisa Gargano, Universita' di Salerno (Italy)
Giulio Iannello, Universita' Campus Biomedico, Roma (Italy)
Mario Lauria, Ohio State University (USA)
Laurent Lefevre, INRIA (France)
Luigi V. Mancini, Universita' di Roma "La Sapienza" (Italy)
Keith Marzullo, University of California, San Diego (USA)
Manish Parashar, Rutgers University, New Jersey (USA)
Giancarlo Ruffo, Universita' di Torino (Italy)
Sanjeev Setia, George Mason University (USA)
Gene Tsudik, University of California, Irvine (USA)
Geoffrey M. Voelker, University of California, San Diego (USA)
Rich Wolski, University of California, Santa Barbara (USA)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
FURTHER INFORMATION at http://web-minds.consorzio-cini.it/hot-p2p-07/
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hot-P2P 07 is sponsored by the Italian FIRB ''WEB-MINDS'' project
(Wide scalE, Broadband MIddleware for Network Distributed Systems).
_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg