Subject: [P2Prg] [CFP] IEEE VR workshop MMVE'08

From: Shun-Yun Hu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 04:53:42 -0800 (PST)

CALL FOR PAPERS

The 1st International Workshop on Massively Multiuser Virtual Environments
(MMVE 2008)
at IEEE Virtual Reality 2008

http://peers-at-play.org/MMVE08/

March 8th or 9th, 2008
Reno, Nevada, USA

With the increasing number of potential users of virtual and augmented
reality systems, as indicated by the recent booms of massively multiuser
online societies, the design of distributed, massively multiuser virtual
environments (MMVEs) becomes increasingly important, posing new requirements
on both distribution platforms and virtual reality systems. Facing these
challenges is a community-spanning effort, necessitating the pooling of the
resources and experiences of the virtual reality and the networking/
distributed computing communities. This workshop hopes to provide a link
between these communities to foster the development of highly distributed,
flexible and robust virtual environments. We aim to gather the practitioners
and researchers in these fields under one roof to discuss their findings,
incite collaborations, and move the state of the art forward.

Important Dates

Submission Deadline:        January 16, 2008
Acceptance Notification:    January 23, 2008
Camera Ready Version:        January 30, 2008
Workshop Date:                March 8 or 9, 2008

Organizers

Gregor Schiele, University of Mannheim, Germany
Daniel Weiskopf, Universiy of Stuttgart, Germany
Ben Leong, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Shun-Yun Hu, National Central University, Taiwan

Program Committee

Dewan Tanvir Ahmed, University of Ottawa, Canada
Christian Bouville, IRISA, France
Pedro Morillo Tena, University of Valencia, Spain
Juan Manuel Orduña, University of Valencia, Spain
Shervin Shirmohammadi, University of Ottawa, Canada
Gwendal Simon, ENST Bretagne, France
Sandeep Singhal, Microsoft Corporation, USA
Shinichi Ueshima, Kansai University, Japan
Arno Wacker, Universität Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Suiping Zhou, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

More to be announced... 
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/-CFP--IEEE-VR-workshop-MMVE%2708-tp14252092p14252092.html
Sent from the IETF - P2prg mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg