Subject: [P2Prg] Peer to peer for anycast queries

From: "Ron Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:39:09 +0100

Hello all,

I am looking for literature about peer-to-peer algorithms for anycast
queries (e.g., to find an object that satisfies certain search criteria. The
object does not need to be unique but nearby objects are preferred).
Given the interest in peer-to-peer research in the last few years, I am
sure that someone has worked on this problem. Can someone provide
me with a few pointers?

Thanks,
Ronald

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

---

From: "Henry Sinnreich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:18:26 -0800

There may be something related in this paper on range searches and
directory search:

"Towards a Common API for Structured Peer-to-peer Overlays"
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/papers/iptps:apis/main.pdf

Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Lee [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [P2Prg] Peer to peer for anycast queries

Hello all,

queries (e.g., to find an object that satisfies certain search criteria.
The

Thanks,
Ronald

---

From: Rob Sherwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:26:45 -0500

> http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/papers/iptps:apis/main.pdf

The project never really took off, but we tried making a p2p
biliography repository.  You might find much of what you want there.

http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/p2prg/bib/

and 

http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/p2prg/bib/research-year.html#anycasting

Good luck,

- Rob
.

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:27:34 -0600

Hi, Rob,

Did you mean the common API project never took off, or the repository 
project?

Thanks,

Spencer

---

From: Rob Sherwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:49:59 -0500

> Did you mean the common API project never took off, or the repository 

The repository project.  The common API was a seperate issue: it was
not clear to a number of people (includng myself) that P2P as an area
was mature enough a research area to motivate standardization.

- Rob
.

---

From: "Ron Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:21:49 +0100

Hi Henry, Rob and all,

Thank you very much for your pointers!

Kind regards,
Ronald