Subject: [P2Prg] Autonomics 2008: Deadline extended!

From: Antonio Di Ferdinando <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:14:58 +0100

[our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

Deadline for autonomics 2008 extended, please see below.

*****  AUTONOMICS 2008 *****
2nd International Conference on Autonomic Computing and Communication
Systems

http://www.autonomics.eu/

September 23-25, 2008, Turin, Italy

In recent years, a plethora of electronic devices embedded into
everyday objects and able to interface with the surrounding
environment have emerged, foreshadowing the deployment of pervasive
context-aware services. Similar to the Internet, these trends will
revolutionize existing paradigms of communication, networking, and
computing. In particular, the complexity hidden in such dynamic
large-scale networks and services calls for self-management and
autonomicity as a necessary condition for obtaining purposeful
systems.

The challenges posed by such a vision cover a wide range of
disciplines and sciences, including computing, communication,
distributed systems, and control systems. Further, these challenges
call for a new, integrated and multidisciplinary approach to pervasive
computing and communication environments, giving rise to a new
converged science, able to work at the junction of systems, computing
and communication sciences. The Autonomics conference provides an
international forum driving the emergent science of autonomic systems,
bringing together research communities in communication and computing,
promoting cross-fertilization among the different disciplines
involved.

Scope: The primary research challenges faced are the communication,
design, programming, deployment, use, and fundamental limits of
autonomic, pervasive, context-aware systems running on top of dynamic,
possibly large-scale, distributed systems. Authors are invited to
submit papers to Autonomics 2008 reporting on original research
related to the design, implementation, analysis, evaluation, and
deployment of autonomic systems. The conference intends to attract
attendees with diverse backgrounds. We solicit papers in autonomic,
pervasive, and context-aware systems. Topics of interest include, but
are not limited to:

- Theoretical foundations of autonomic systems
- Models and metrics
- Energy-efficient algorithms
- Programming paradigms
- Middleware for pervasive systems
- Software architectures and toolkits
- Positioning and tracking technologies
- Architectures & algorithms for self-* systems
- Privacy, security, dynamic trust and social issues
- Location- and context-awareness
- Tools, languages and platforms
- Applications and systems
- Resource, network and service (self) management
- Enabling technologies for pervasive environments

Submissions will be judged on originality, significance, interest,
clarity, relevance, and correctness.
_________________________________________________________________________
IMPORTANT DATES
Full paper due:                ***June 29, 2008***
Notification of acceptance:    ***July 24, 2008***
Final version due:             August 15, 2008

Submission Instructions
Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 10 pages in ACM
conference proceedings format through Easychair
<http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=autonomics2008>.
The proceedings will be an ICST publication and the papers will be
listed in the ACM digital library and indexed by EI.
_________________________________________________________________________

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Chair:
A. Manzalini, Telecom Italia, Italy

Vice Chair:
F. Saffre, BT Group, UK

Steering Committee:
I. Chlamtac, Create-Net, Italy
D. Miorandi, Create-Net, Italy
R. Baldoni, Univ. of Roma, Italy
F. Davide, Telecom Italia, Italy

TPC Co-Chairs:
F. Dressler, Univ. of Erlangen, Germany
L. Rodrigues, INESC-ID/IST, Portugal

Industry Chair:
R. Ghizzioli, Whitestein Technologies, Switzerland

Workshop Chair:
C. Moiso, Telecom Italia, Italy

Publication Chair:
A. Di Ferdinando.  Imperial College, UK

Publicity Chair:
B. K. Benko, Budapest Univ., Hungary

Financial Chair:
Karen Decker, ICST

Local Chair:
G. Alfano, Politech. Torino, Italy

Web Chair:
D. Schreckling, Univ. of Hamburg, Germany

Conference Coordinator:
Zs. Kaszab, ICST

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg