Subject: [P2Prg] [CFP] IEEE ICPADS workshop P2PNVE'08 2 weeks left

From: publication acnlab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 09:54:04 +0800

Call for Papers

The 2nd International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networked Virtual
Environments
in conjunction with
The 14th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems
(ICPADS 2008)
December 8 -10, 2008
Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA

http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2008/

PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The rapid growth and popularity of networked virtual environments (NVEs)
such as Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOGs) in recent years have
spawned a series of research interests in constructing such large-scale
virtual environments. For increasing scalability and decreasing the cost
of management and deployment, more and more studies propose using
peer-to-peer (P2P) architectures to construct large-scale NVEs for
games, multimedia virtual worlds and other applications. The goal of
such research may be to support an Earth-scale virtual environment or to
make hosting virtual worlds more affordable than existing client-server
approaches. However, existing solutions for consistency control,
persistent data storage, multimedia data dissemination, and
cheat-prevention may not be straightforwardly adapted to such new
environments, novel ideas and designs thus are needed to realize the
potential of P2P-based NVEs.

The 1st International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networked Virtual
Environments (P2P-NVE 2007) was held in Hsinchu, Taiwan, in 2007. To
adhere to the theme of P2P-NVE 2007, the theme of P2P-NVE 2008 is to
solicit original and previously unpublished new ideas on general P2P
schemes and on the design and realization of P2P-based NVEs. The
workshops aim to facilitate discussions and idea exchanges by both
academics and practitioners. Student participations are also strongly
encouraged.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
*P2P systems and infrastructures
*Applications of P2P systems
*Performance evaluation of P2P systems
*Trust and security issues in P2P systems
*Network support for P2P systems
*Fault tolerance in P2P systems
*Efficient P2P resource lookup and sharing
*Distributed Hash Tables (DHTs) and related issues
*Constructions of P2P overlays for NVEs
*Multicast for P2P NVEs
*P2P NVE content distribution
*3D streaming for P2P NVEs
*Voice communication on P2P NVEs
*Persistent storage for P2P NVEs
*Security and cheat-prevention mechanisms for P2P games
*Data structures and queries for P2P NVEs
*Consistency control for P2P NVEs
*Design considerations for P2P NVEs
*Prototypes of P2P NVEs
*P2P control for mobile NVEs
*P2P NVE applications on mobile devices

IMPORTANT DATES
Submission: July 5, 2008
Notification: August 15, 2008
Camera ready: September 12, 2008

PAPER SUBMISSION
Authors are invited to submit an electronic version of original,
unpublished manuscripts, not to exceed 6 double-columned, single-spaced
pages, to web site http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2008. Submitted
papers should be in be in PDF format in accordance with IEEE Computer
Society guidelines
(ftp://pubftp.computer.org/press/outgoing/proceedings). All submitted
papers will be refereed by reviewers in terms of originality,
contribution, correctness, and presentation.

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg