Subject: [P2Prg] IWSOS'08: Call for Short Papers, Posters & Demonstrations

From: Harald Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:00:39 +0200

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of the
announcement.

********** CALL FOR SHORT PAPERS, POSTERS & DEMONSTRATIONS **********

                                IWSOS 2008

           3rd International Workshop on Self-Organizing Systems
             - Self-Organizing Networks and Networked Systems -

                           December 10-12, 2008
                              Vienna, Austria

                      http://iwsos.ani.univie.ac.at/

Submission deadline (short papers) - extended: August 18, 2008
Submission deadline (posters & demonstrations): September 16, 2008

*********************************************************************

Workshop Scope
--------------

IWSOS 2008 is the third workshop in a series of annual workshops
dedicated to self-organization in networks and networked systems.
The necessity for and expected benefit of self-organization is
caused by the growing scale, complexity, and heterogeneity of future
networked systems, like the future Internet. For example, these
networks will consist of interconnected infrastructure-based, mobile
ad-hoc, and sensor networks that could be spontaneously deployed in
hostile environments, have a dynamic population and a potentially
short life time. In spite of this, there will be stringent user
requirements, such as resilience and real-time guarantees. Although
self-organization is desirable for these kinds of networks, it is
not yet clear to what extent self-organization can be exploited.

Important Dates
---------------

* Short Paper submission deadline - extended: August 18, 2008
* Notification of acceptance (short papers): September 15, 2008

* Poster and demonstration submission deadline: September 16, 2008
* Notification of acceptance (posters & dem.): October 3, 2008

Short Papers
------------

IWSOS invites submission of manuscripts that present original
research results, and that have not been previously published
or are currently under review by another conference or journal.
Any previous or simultaneous publication of related material
should be explicitly noted in the submission. Submissions should be
position papers, challenging papers, and papers presenting first or
late-breaking results up to 6 pages length (LNCS style, including
all figures and references), and must include an abstract of 100-150
words.

Accepted short papers will be included in the workshop proceedings
published by Springer-Verlag in their Lecture Notes for Computer
Science (LNCS) series. At least one of the authors of each accepted
short paper must attend IWSOS 2008 to present the paper.

Posters and Demonstrations
--------------------------

To complement the main technical programme of IWSOS 2008, we are
soliciting extended abstracts (up to two pages, LNCS style) that
describe posters and demonstrations that will be presented at an
informal session during the workshop. This session should provide
a platform to present and discuss work-in-progress as well as
demonstrations. The abstracts will be collected and made available
at the event (printed and electronically).

For further information, refer to http://iwsos.ani.univie.ac.at/

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg