Subject: [p2prg] SECON 2009 Student Travel Grant for European Students

From: Gaia Maselli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:42:01 +0200

Apologies for multiple copies

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

IEEE SECON 2009
Call for Applications
SECON 2009 Student Travel Grant for European Students

http://www.ieee-secon.com/2009/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

*Overview*
SECON 2009 has received a limited number of travel grants from European 
projects.
The grants aim to support graduate students who are affiliated to 
European institutions
to attend the 6th IEEE SECON Conference in Rome, Italy from June 22 to 
26, 2009.
To qualify a student must be a student affiliated to a European 
Institution.

*Form and Amount of Support*
The support is intended to defray, but not necessarily to cover 
entirely, the costs of
attending the conference. The award will be handled via reimbursements.
Each legitimate expense must be documented with an original official 
receipt
(e.g., air ticket and hotel receipt). The reimbursement will be sent as 
a check
via postal mail six to eight weeks after submitting the reimbursement 
forms and
supporting receipts. Further details of the reimbursement procedure will be
communicated to the award recipients.

*How to Apply*
The applicant should send an application containing:
- A resume
- A letter that briefly summarizes the applicant’s current research
interests/accomplishments, along with a description of how SECON
will benefit his/her professional development.
- A supporting letter from the advisor stating that (1) the student is in
good academic standing in the PhD program, (2) why the student
is in need of a travel grant, and (3) how SECON will benefit the
student’s research progress.
Applications should be submitted via email to the Travel Awards Chair
(Dr. Daji Qiao, Email: [email-masked]). ASCII or pdf formats are 
strongly recommended.
*Submission Deadline: June 17, 2009, Wednesday, 11:59 PM GMT*