Subject: [p2prg] [CFP] Deadline Extension: P2PNVE'09

From: p2pnve <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:01:24 +0800

Apologize if you received multiple copies of this CFP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

Please be advised that the paper submission deadline of P2PNVE 2009 is
extended to be July 25, 2009 due to a lot of requests. Hope that you can
submit your paper early. Attached is the CFP, where you can find useful
information about the paper submission. Please note that the topics of
interest include not only specific topics related to peer-to-peer networked
virtual environments but also general topics of peer-to-peer networking.

We are looking forward to receiving your submissions.

Best wishes,

Jehn-Ruey Jiang

General Chair

P2PNVE 2009

================ CALL FOR PAPERS =================

P2PNVE 2009
The 3rd International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networked Virtual
Environments
in conjunction with
The 15th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems
(ICPADS 2009)
December 9 -11, 2009
Shenzhen, China
http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2009

=================================================
About P2PNVE 2009
The rapid growth and popularity of networked virtual environments(NVEs) such
as Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOGs) in recent years have spawned a
series of research interests in constructing large-scale virtual
environments. For increasing scalability and decreasing the cost of
management and deployment, more and more studies propose using peer-to-peer
(P2P) architectures to construct large-scale NVEs for games, multimedia
virtual worlds and other applications. The goal of such research is to
support an Earth-scale virtual environment or to make hosting virtual worlds
more affordable than existing client-server approaches. However, existing
solutions for consistency control, persistent data storage, multimedia data
dissemination, cheat-prevention, topology mismatching, and virtual world
interoperability are not straightforwardly adapted to such new environments.
Novel ideas and designs thus are needed to realize the potential of
P2P-based NVEs.

The 1st and the 2nd International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networked Virtual
Environments were in conjunction with the 13th and 14th International
Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems in 2007 and 2008,
respectively. To adhere to the theme of P2PNVE workshops, the theme of
P2PNVE 2009 is to solicit original and previously unpublished new ideas on
general P2P schemes and on the design and realization of P2P-based NVEs. The
workshop aims to facilitate discussions and idea exchanges by both academics
and practitioners.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

-P2P systems and infrastructures
-Applications of P2P systems
-Performance evaluation of P2P systems
-Trust and security issues in P2P systems
-Network support for P2P systems
-Fault tolerance in P2P systems
-Efficient P2P resource lookup and sharing
-Distributed Hash Tables (DHTs) and related issues
-Solutions to topology mismatching for P2P overlays
-P2P overlays for NVEs
-P2P NVE multicast
-P2P NVE interoperability
-P2P NVE content distribution
-P2P NVE 3D streaming
-P2P NVE voice communications
-P2P NVE architecture designs
-P2P NVE prototypes
-P2P NVE consistency control
-Persistent storage for P2P NVEs
-Security and cheat-prevention mechanisms for P2P games
-P2P control for mobile NVEs
-P2P NVE applications on mobile devices

Important Dates
Submission:                July 25, 2009 (Extended)
Notification:               September 1, 2009
Camera ready:            October 1, 2009

Paper Submission
Authors are invited to submit an electronic version of original, unpublished
manuscripts, not to exceed 8 double-columned, single-spaced pages, to web
site http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2009. Submitted papers should be in
be in PDF format in accordance with IEEE Computer Society guidelines (Word
or Latex). All submitted papers will be refereed by reviewers in terms of
originality, contribution, correctness, and presentation.

---

From: p2pnve <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:10:33 +0800

Dear Colleagues,

Best wishes,

Jehn-Ruey Jiang

General Chair

P2PNVE 2009

P2PNVE 2009

Important Dates

Paper Submission

---

From: p2pnve <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:22:59 +0800

Dear Colleagues,

Best wishes,

Jehn-Ruey Jiang

General Chair

P2PNVE 2009

P2PNVE 2009

Important Dates

Paper Submission