Subject: [p2prg] Advanced Technologies for Care at Home: Special Session at IEEE CCNC 2010

From: Dr Mario Kolberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 10:45:27 +0100

Call for Papers

Special Session: Advanced Technologies for Care at Home

at IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference
IEEE CCNC 2010
January 9 - 12, 2010, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
http://www.ieee-ccnc.org/2010

Due to a rapidly increasing ageing population, current care provision
will become strained. A less costly and more practical solution will be
to enable those requiring care to stay at home for longer. Those with
long-term illness, physical or mental impairments may also prefer to
remain in the care of friends and family.

Assistive technology helps older people or those with impairments cope
with normal life. Specialised technology is also being used to monitor
situations such as someone becoming immobile or incapable. The aim is
that, through use of sophisticated networking and management software,
abnormal situations can be detected, acted upon and/or reported to a
carer or a responder.

This special session tries to bring together academics and commercial
technology providers to explore current research issues with
technologies for care at home.

Topics of particular interest (but not limited to) include:
• Integrated Home Care systems
• Network Technologies for assistive technologies
• User interfaces for care systems
• Context aware health applications
• Novel sensors, actuators, and augmented appliances for use in
assistive systems
• Mobile health applications
• Experimental results and case studies on the use of technology for
care at home

All accepted submissions will be published in the proceedings of IEEE
CCNC 2010.

Submission Instructions

Authors are invited to submit regular technical papers or position
papers. The position papers should present novel technologies at an
early stage of development or share future vision. All submissions
should describe original, previously unpublished research, not currently
under review by another conference or journal. Manuscripts should not
exceed five (5) pages in double-column IEEE format. Please submit the
paper through EDAS. Formatting details can be found under Author
Information on the CCNC web site.

The deadline for paper submissions in EDAS is August 15, 2009.

For more information on these specialized tracks, visit
http://www.ieee-ccnc.org/2010.

Session Organizer:

Mario Kolberg, [email-masked]
http://www.cs.stir.ac.uk/~mko
University of Stirling, UK

-- 
Academic Excellence at the Heart of Scotland.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, 
 number SC 011159.