Subject: [p2prg] AASN'2009: Deadline extended to August 14, 2009

From: "Dr. Youssef Iraqi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 19:47:42 +0100

[Sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.]

CALL FOR PAPERS
Second International Workshop on Automated and Autonomous Sensor Networks,
AASN

Due to several requests, the submission deadline has been extended to August
14, 2009

http://sigappfr.acm.org/MEDES/09/workshops/AASN09/AASN_workshop.html

To be held in conjunction with
The International ACM Conference on Management of Emergent Digital
EcoSystems (MEDES 2009)
Lyon - France, October 27-30, 2009.

Summary and Topics:
Thanks to technological advances, wired and wireless sensor networks are
attracting an increasing attention that promotes their large-scale
deployments in many applications, such as environmental monitoring, military
surveillance, and scientific exploration. Continuous improvements are
motivating works in addressing specific sensor network issues spanning
hardware, network protocols, architecture, operating systems, and
applications. Furthermore, emergent needs to fulfill a variety of
heterogeneous requirements are highlighting the importance of
multidisciplinary networks that control their processing and manage their
resources by means of self-organizing techniques. These techniques
particularly require sharing the decision-making process over hundreds of
low-power, short lifetimes sensors. The achievement of this goal is still
facing an urgent and challenging question on how to provide these spatially
distributed sensors with reasonable autonomy that help them in performing
the right action, at the right time for the sake of fulfilling current
requirements while increasing the lifetime of the entire sensor network and
guaranteeing reliable and enduring pathway communications. Automating the
sensor network activities is also an urgent and challenging issue especially
that commonly sensing devices are operating unattended in remote and hostile
areas where manual maintenance is nearly impossible. Since predefined and
late decisions do not help much in improving the efficiency of networked
sensing devices, automation and autonomy are very important mechanisms in
addressing upcoming developments that target multi-services, collaborating,
or competing sensor networks. To reach these goals, the second International
Workshop on Automated and Autonomous Sensor Networks is seeking novel ideas
in the following topics that include, but not limited to:

- Heterogeneous sensor networks
- Multi-service sensor networks
- Sensor network control
- Automated sensing activities
- Competing sensors or sensor networks
- Collaborating sensors and sensor networks
- Semantic-based management of sensor networks
- Resource management in sensor networks
- Context awareness in sensor networks
- Self-organization and self-adaptation in sensor networks
- New architectures and protocols for sensor networks
- Sensor network maintenance
- Intelligent sensors and sensor networks
- Data management in sensor networks
- Data and resource sharing in sensor networks
- Quality of Service in sensor networks
- Sustainable sensor networks
- Decision Support Systems for Sensor Networks
- Virtual Environment for Supporting Sensor Networks
- Sensor Networks on the Web
- Sensor networks for a sustainable development
- Autonomous/Intelligent social sensor networks
- Autonomous/Intelligent sensor networks for supporting social networks
- Sensor networks for an autonomous/intelligent management of spatial
resources
- Sensor networks for an autonomous/intelligent risk management
- New sensor network applications

Important Dates:
Submission deadline (extended): August 14th 2009
Acceptance notification: September 5th 2009
Camera ready papers: September 15th 2009

Submission Guidelines:
(http://sigappfr.acm.org/MEDES/09/guidelines.php)
Submissions must be in an electronic form as PDF format. Submissions will be
peer-reviewed by at least 2 peer reviewers. Selection criteria will include:
relevance, significance, impact, originality, technical soundness, and
quality of presentation. At least one author should attend the conference to
present the paper.

Program Co-Chairs:
Nafaa Jabeur, Dhofar University ([email-masked])
Youssef Iraqi, Dhofar University ([email-masked])

Technical Program Committee:
Bernard Moulin, Laval University, Canada
Duc Tran, University of Massachusetts Boston, USA
Gregory S. Yovanof, Athens Information Technology, Greece
Gianluca Moro, University of Bologna, Italy
Hamdi Yahyaoui, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
Jiming Chen, Zhejiang University, China
Khalil El-Khatib, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
Michael Lauer, Goethe-Univ. Frankfurt, Germany
Mohamed Younis, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
Nabil Sahli, Dhofar University, Oman
Phil Graniero, University of Windsor, Canada
Stefano Avallone, University of Naples, Italy
Vasilis Friderikos, King's College London, UK
Zakaria Maamar, Zaid  University,  UAE