Subject: [p2prg] Revised alto-survey draft

From: Ivica Rimac <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 15:36:45 -0400

Dear All,

we would like to announce a new revision of our alto-survey draft and
submit it for discussion to the p2prg:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rimac-p2prg-alto-survey-00.txt

Title: A Survey on Research on the Application-Layer Traffic
Optimization (ALTO) Problem

Abstract: A significant part of the Internet traffic today is generated by
peer-to-peer (P2P) applications used traditionally for file-sharing,
and more recently for real-time communications and live media
streaming. Such applications discover a route to each other through
an overlay network with little knowledge of the underlying network
topology. As a result, they may choose peers based on information
deduced from empirical measurements, which can lead to suboptimal
choices. We refer to this as the Application Layer Traffic
Optimization (ALTO) problem. In this draft we present a survey of
existing literature on discovering topology characteristics.

Bets regards,
 Ivica

--
  Ivica Rimac                     Bell Labs / Alcatel-Lucent
  Email: [email-masked]        791 Holmdel-Keyport Road
  Phone: +1-732-888-7205              Holmdel, NJ 07733, USA