Subject: [p2prg] AAA-IDEA 2009 : Few days left!

From: Simone Silvestri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:15:05 +0200

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this cfp.

*************************************************************************

Please note that the submission deadline has been extended to July
24, 2009 and that the best workshop papers will be invited to submit
an exteded version to ICST Transactions on Real-World Web.

*************************************************************************
            Call for Papers

            AAA-IDEA 2009

        The 3rd International Workshop on

    Advanced Architectures and Algorithms for Internet DElivery and
Applications

        Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, The Canary Islands, Spain

            November 26, 2009

            http://aaa-idea.org/

            In conjunction with QShine 2009

        The 6th International ICST Conference on

    Heterogeneous Networking for Quality, Reliability, Security and
Robustness

            http://qshine.org/

*********************************************************************

******************

Important Dates

******************

Paper submission due: July 24, 2009 (extended)
Notification of acceptance: August 31, 2009
Camera-ready version due: September 10, 2009
Workshop: November 26, 2009

***********************

Scope and Overview

***********************

New applications and emerging communication technologies continue to
put greater demands on the Internet infrastructure. With the
increased use of mobile devices connected to the Internet, for
example, the need for content and service delivery architectures
that consider the unique challenges (e.g., bandwidth limitations and
costs, mobility, limited battery life) posed by mobile devices has
emerged. Similarly, with rapid advances in broadband at home
technology, there is an increased emphasis on realizing IPTV,
video-on-demand, and customized content delivery. These issues pose
a number of challenging design and performance problems at various
levels, including systems, networks, and protocols.

This one-day workshop aims at providing a highly interactive forum
where researchers, developers and practitioners from academia and
industry have the opportunity to present and discuss recent
research, developments and future directions regarding the design,
implementation, and evaluation of Internet-based architectures and
applications.

AAA-IDEA 2009 will continue the tradition of the previous AAA-IDEA
workshops, held at Orlando (2005) and Pisa (2006), that were
successful in providing a forum to exchange ideas and experiences
about the faced problems and to discuss innovative solutions.

Topics of interest to the workshop include, but are not limited to,
performance studies and novel approaches (architectures, algorithms,
and protocols) that aim to improve the user experience in accessing
emerging as well as traditional Internet-based services and
applications.

*******************

Topics of Interest

*******************

AAA-IDEA 2009 topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Architectures and protocols for content and service delivery
- Clean slate Internet architectures
- Energy-aware protocols and architectures
- Media streaming in wired and wireless systems
- Novel Web-based applications
- Online social networks and applications
- Peer-to-peer systems
- Performance measurement and monitoring tools
- QoS provisioning and management in wired and wireless systems
- Reliability and high availability
- Scalable and autonomic Web-based systems
- Security and privacy for content delivery
- Support for mobile and wireless systems
- Workload analysis and characterization

*******************************

Submission and Publication

*******************************

Authors are encouraged to submit full papers presenting
well-developed research results. Short papers that are more
speculative in nature, works-in-progress, and position papers are
also solicited. All submissions must describe original research, not
published or currently under review for another workshop,
conference, or journal. All submissions must be in printable PDF
format and written in English. Papers must be no longer than 15
pages (9 pages for short papers) in Springer LNICST format,
including all figures and references.

All paper submissions will be handled electronically through the
ASSYST system (http://assyst-online.org/).

The program committee will referee all papers. The papers to be
presented at the workshop will be selected on the basis of their
originality, technical merit, quality of presentation, and topical
relevance of their contents. All accepted papers will be published
by Springer in the series of ICST Lecture Notes (LNICST). The
authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their paper will be
presented at the workshop.

At least one author of each accepted paper must be registered for
the workshop in order for that paper to appear in the proceedings
and to be scheduled for presentation.

The best workshop papers will be invited to submit an exteded
version to ICST Transactions on Real-World Web.

More details on Submission/Publication instructions can be found at
http://aaa-idea.org/.

Please direct any questions about the paper submission process to
the Workshop Co-Chairs ([email-masked],
[email-masked]).

*************************

Organizing Committee

*************************

Workshop Co-Chairs
Valeria Cardellini, University of Roma "Tor Vergata", Italy
Anirban Mahanti, NICTA, Australia

Publicity Chair
Simone Silvestri, University of Roma "La Sapienza", Italy

*************************

Steering Committee

*************************

Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net, Italy
Novella Bartolini, University of Roma "La Sapienza", Italy
Valeria Cardellini, University of Roma "Tor Vergata", Italy
Lucy Cherkasova, HP Labs, USA

**********************************

Technical Program Committee

**********************************

Martin Arlitt, HP Labs, USA
Amitabha Bagchi, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
Niklas Carlsson, University of Calgary, Canada
Emiliano Casalicchio, University of Roma "Tor Vergata", Italy
Abhishek Chandra, University of Minnesota, USA
Lucy Cherkasova, HP Labs, USA
Michele Colajanni, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Jeffrey Erman, AT&T Research, USA
Luca Foschini, University of Bologna, Italy
Pawel Garbacki, Google, Switzerland
Jiangchuan (JC) Liu, Simon Fraser University, Canada
Francesco Lo Presti, University of Roma "Tor Vergata", Italy
Geyong Min, Bradford University, UK
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow, UK
Henrik Petandar, NICTA, Australia
Guillaume Pierre, Vrije Universiteit, The Netherlands
Paolo Romano, INESC-ID, Portugal
Matthew Roughan, University of Adelaide, Australia
Bianca Schroeder, University of Toronto, Canada
Craig Shue, Oak Ridge National Lab, USA
Carey Williamson, University of Calgary, Canada