Subject: [p2prg] Researcher - Visual Analytics Middlesex University

From: Lu Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:26:02 +0000

Researcher - Visual Analytics

Middlesex University

Starting salary: £33,758pa

Including Outer London Weighting

A three-year fixed term appointment within the Interaction Design Centre of the
School of Engineering and Information Sciences, based at our flagship campus in
Hendon, north-west London. You will contribute to the research into developing
a system architecture for a large scale visual analytics system in the Making
Sense Project, funded by the EPSRC, involving 11 partners across nine UK universities. You would:

- investigate and develop architectural strategies and mechanisms appropriate
for the system

- undertake research to refine the configuration and specifications of the
system and formalise the interfaces between its different components.

You should have:

- a PhD in Computing Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent research
experience

- knowledge of software engineering, systems engineering or system of systems
engineering

- knowledge of system architectures, assessment and evaluation, lifecycle
models, and large-scale distributed systems

- the ability to undertake high quality research, work in a multidisciplinary
team, good organisational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.

In return, the University offers generous annual leave, extensive staff
development provision, and a final salary pension scheme. This is a fixed term
36-month contract.

For an informal discussion about this post please contact William Wong on 020
8411 2684 or [email-masked]

To apply please download an application pack from www.mdx.ac.uk/jobs

Ref EIS39J

Closing date 20 April 2010

Middlesex University is working towards equality of opportunity.

 		 	   		  
_________________________________________________________________
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/
Do you have a story that started on Hotmail? Tell us now