Subject: [p2prg] Updated our draft: draft-asai-cross-domain-overlay-01

From: Hirochika Asai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:20:50 +0900

Dear P2P RG folks,

We thank you to have given us a presentation slot valuable comments at IETF 78 in Maastricht. 

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-asai-cross-domain-overlay-01

We have worked on updating our work according to these comments and we updated
our I-D on December.  The main change in this I-D is Section 3.  This section
evaluates the impact of cross-domain traffic engineering in application-layer
traffic.  The results show that the cross-domain cooperation contributes the
transit traffic reduction in upload traffic that may not cost for some ISPs
if the charging policy is based on maximum volume of incoming and outgoing
traffic because incoming traffic is usually higher for customer ISPs.  Moreover,
these results also show that the transit traffic reduction in download traffic
that costs for customer ISPs is difficult, i.e., transit traffic from providers
is quite high in Table 2.  However, the cooperative algorithm outperformed other
algorithms.

Now we are investigating the impact with other dataset.  We would appreciate
your comments on this I-D if you have any.

Best regards,
Hirochika Asai

-- 
Hirochika Asai <[email-masked]>, The University of Tokyo