Subject: [p2prg] p2p streaming survey draft

From: "zhangyunfei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:59:30 +0800

Hi folks,
   We are happy to know that P2PRG is going to launch discussion on the survey of research progress of P2P streaming. 
   I guess the PPSP WG draft:draft-ietf-ppsp-survey may be a starting point to this work. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2011-02-28

---

From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:14:43 -0500

Folks,

the PPSP WG has started to work on a survey of P2P streaming
technologies (please see the draft Yunfei has sent to this list).

The PPSP WG would be very interested in collaborating with this RG to
expand the draft (or develop an additional draft) that provides a survey
over the state of the art in research on P2P streaming. We are looking
for volunteers who would be interested in developing such a draft in
collaboration with the PPSP WG. This is a great opportunity to develop a
draft that will help the PPSP community and inform standards
development. Please send me a quick email if you are interested.

As indicated by Yunfei, all comments on the draft-ietf-ppsp-survey draft
are highly appreciated! Please send your comments to the list.

Thanks!

Volker

On 2/28/2011 5:59 AM, zhangyunfei wrote:
> Hi folks,
> We are happy to know that P2PRG is going to launch discussion on the 
> survey of research progress of P2P streaming.
> I guess the PPSP WG draft:draft-ietf-ppsp-survey may be a starting point 
> to this work. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.
> BR
> Yunfei
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> zhangyunfei
> 2011-02-28

---

From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:16:12 -0500

Yunfei,

can you send a pointer to the draft to this list?

Thanks,

Volker

---

From: "zhangyunfei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:42:49 +0800

Hi all,
   You can find the draft in the following link:http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-survey/. Thanks for your interest.

BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2011-03-01

发件人： Volker Hilt
发送时间： 2011-02-28 22:29:42
收件人： [email-masked]
抄送： 
主题： Re: [p2prg] p2p streaming survey draft

Yunfei,

Thanks,

Volker

>  to  this  work.  Any  comments  and  suggestions  are  appreciated.
_______________________________________________
p2prg  mailing  list
[email-masked]
http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

---

From: Omer Luzzatti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 05:38:19 +0200

As for the ‘tree’ vs. ‘mesh’: note that regardless of the topology, the flow
of a specific data-chunk is never circular, which means it propagates as a
directed acyclic graph (a tree).

So I assume the difference is only ‘in time’.. meaning that in a pure
‘tree-based’ solution, consecutive data-chunks tend to repeat the same
paths, while in an ideal ‘mesh-based’ solution the paths of each data chunk
are determined individually according to dynamically evaluated parameters.

*From:* [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of
*zhangyunfei
*Sent:* Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:43 AM
*To:* Volker Hilt; [email-masked]
*Subject:* Re: [p2prg] p2p streaming survey draft

Hi all,

   You can find the draft in the following link:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-survey/. Thanks for your
interest.

BR

Yunfei

------------------------------

zhangyunfei

2011-03-01
------------------------------

*发件人：* Volker Hilt

*发送时间：* 2011-02-28 22:29:42

*收件人：* [email-masked]

*抄送：*

*主题：* Re: [p2prg] p2p streaming survey draft

Yunfei,

Thanks,

Volker

p2prg  mailing  list

[email-masked]

---

From: "zhangyunfei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 13:44:48 +0800

Right.I agree with your point. PPSP focuses on the signaling interaction(see the charter). That is what we want to divide different systems. Maybe "push"/"pull"/hybrid is more appropriate for the catergory when discussing the interaction. 

BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2011-03-01

发件人： Omer Luzzatti
发送时间： 2011-03-01 11:37:54
收件人： zhangyunfei; Volker Hilt; [email-masked]
抄送： 
主题： RE: [p2prg] p2p streaming survey draft

As for the ‘tree’ vs. ‘mesh’: note that regardless of the topology, the flow of a specific data-chunk is never circular, which means it propagates as a directed acyclic graph (a tree). 

So I assume the difference is only ‘in time’.. meaning that in a pure ‘tree-based’ solution, consecutive data-chunks tend to repeat the same paths, while in an ideal ‘mesh-based’ solution the paths of each data chunk are determined individually according to dynamically evaluated parameters.

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of zhangyunfei
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:43 AM
To: Volker Hilt; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [p2prg] p2p streaming survey draft

Hi all,

BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2011-03-01

发件人： Volker Hilt

Yunfei,

Thanks,

Volker