Subject: [p2prg] PhD Position in Cloud Computing

From: Lu Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:51:18 +0000

Graduate Teaching Assistant Studentship in Autonomic Cloud Computing
http://www.derby.ac.uk/research/studentship-opportunity

The studentshipThis studentship is funded by the School 
of Computing and Mathematics, Faculty of Business, Computing and Law 
(BCL), University of Derby and provides an opportunity for a graduate to
 undertake a three year programme of research leading to the award of 
PhD, in the subject of Autonomic Cloud Computing. 
The PhD will be
 supervised by Dr Richard Hill (Head of Subject, Computing and 
Mathematics) and Professor Nik Bessis (Head of DISYS research group), 
and will be undertaken on a full-time basis over three years. 
The
 studentship will cover tuition fees at the Home/EU level, and will pay a
 bursary of £14,100 per annum (pa). There is also - subject to 
satisfactory progress - an extra £1,000 pa for professional development 
purposes. Fees for international (non-EU) students will not be met by 
the studentship. Non-EU students would be responsible for paying top-up 
fees to the relevant level.
If appointed and as part of your 
professional development, you may be asked to teach and/or demonstrate 
lab sessions for up to six hours per week.
To applyApplicants
 must hold a good first and a master's degree in computer science or 
other relevant disciplines (such as mathematics). The research will 
require subject specific knowledge in autonomic computing and 
distributed systems. Applicants are expected to have strong analytical 
and mathematical programming skills, and an interest in resource 
management and collective intelligence techniques. 
The RD02 form 
asks for a research proposal in section 8(e). Please use this space to 
clearly describe what your intended research plan is. The research 
proposal should be no more than 2-3 pages long and provide a 
state-of-the-art review on the specifics of the proposed research study,
 a list of aims and objectives, a section detailing the proposed 
methodology, a justification and a motivation for undertaking the 
proposed study, a referencing list and finally, a time plan of the 
research activity tasks. Informal enquiries may be addressed to Dr 
Richard Hill, Email: [email-masked]

Closing date for applications: Friday 27 April 2012
Interviews: Thursday 17 May 2012To apply, please email the following documents to the Research Office at [email-masked]
a completed application form (RD2)a copy of the photo page of your passport (showing name, date of birth, etc) 
copies of your degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) 
two signed academic references (either completed reference forms RD3, or letters of reference) 
copy of IELTS certificate if appropriate