Subject: [p2prg] Deadline Extended: Dependable Service-Oriented and Cloud computing (DSOC 2012), IEEE HPCC 2012

From: Lu Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 20:36:38 +0000

[Please accept our apologies if you received multiple copies of this call]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3nd International Workshop on
Dependable Service-Oriented and Cloud computing (DSOC 2012)

http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/distsys/workshop_dsoc_2012.php

In
conjunction with 14th IEEE International Conference on High Performance
Computing and Communication

http://scim.brad.ac.uk/~hmibrahi/HPCC2012/

Liverpool,
UK, 25-17 August, 2012

Supported by IEEE Computer Society

Scope:

As emerging technologies, Clouds and
Service-Oriented Architectures (SOAs) attract attention worldwide, ranging from
casual Internet users to IT giants (e.g. Microsoft and Google). At the same
time, the innovations of Clouds and SOAs also offer many interesting avenues of
research for scientific communities. Recent advances in Cloud and SOAs,
including computational power, storage, and networking, and infrastructure innovations,
are providing exciting opportunities to make significant progress in
understanding and solving complex real-world challenges. Such challenges
typically require a system-level approach that models a complex system at
different levels of abstraction, helps to develop sound architectures for
addressing separate system requirements and concerns, and integrates diverse
sources of knowledge on the system's components and their interactions.

There are strong needs for improving
dependability of service-oriented computing to make service-oriented systems
more reliable, secure and robust for service provision and delivery. Following
the success of the first workshop held in 10th IEEE CIT last year, the third
International Workshop on Dependable Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing aims
at collating efforts and achievements on the research of system of system
engineering for dependable Clouds and SOAs. This workshop will provide a forum
to discuss fundamental issues on research and development of clouds and service-oriented
systems as well as new challenges in modelling and simulation of novel
service-oriented architectures. The relevant topics include, but not limited
to: 

Cloud ComputingService-Oriented Computing (SOC)Internet-based Virtual Computing Environment (iVCE)Grid ComputingService-Oriented System Engineering (SoSE)System Engineering for Cloud ComputingWeb ServicesPeer-to-Peer Computing (P2P)Service Composition and IntegrationReal-time systemsDependable Cloud SystemsSensor networksIndustrial Case Study

Paper
Submission:

Authors are encouraged to submit
high-quality, original work that has neither appeared in, nor is under
consideration by, other conferences and journals.

The length of the papers should not
exceed 6 pages (IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style: two
columns, single-spaced), including figures and references, using 10 fonts, and
number each page. All papers will be peer reviewed and the comments will be
provided to the authors. The accepted papers will be published together with
those of other workshops by the IEEE Computer Society Press.

Authors are encouraged to submit
high-quality, original work that has neither appeared in, nor is under
consideration by, other conferences and journals. The length of the papers
should not exceed 6 pages (IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style:
two columns, single-spaced), including figures and references, using 10 fonts,
and number each page. All papers will be peer reviewed and the comments will be
provided to the authors.

IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Author
Guidelines is available at the following web page: URL: http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/formatting

The
accepted papers will be published in the main conference proceedings of IEEE HPCC by the
IEEE Computer Society Press and indexed by EI. At
least one of the authors of any accepted paper is requested to register the
paper.

Submission will be handled through
EasyChair. Please find the submission link https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dsoc2012

Important
Dates:

Deadline for paper submission: 7th April
     2012Notifications to authors: 20 April,
     2012Camera ready papers: 08
     May, 2012Registration Due: 08
     May, 2012

Organisations:

Steering
Committee Chair:

Jie Xu, University of Leeds, Leeds, UKNick Antonopoulos, University of Derby, UK

General Chair (Pending):

Prof
     Huaimin Wang, NUDT, ChinaEdwin
     Sha, University of Derby, UK

Program
Co-Chair:

Lu Liu, University of Derby, UKJianxin Li, Beihang University, ChinaKP Lam, Keele University, UK
Jianjun Zhang, University of Derby, UK