Subject: [p2prg] Deadline Extended: Third International Symposium on Mobile and Wireless Network Security (MWNS-12), IEEE TrustCom-12

From: Lu Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 20:45:02 +0000

[Please accept our apologies if you received multiple copies of this call]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call
for Papers for the Third International Symposium on

Mobile
and Wireless Network Security

(MWNS-12)http://www.derby.ac.uk/computing/research/call-for-papers/call-for-papers-third-international-symposium-on-mobile-and-wireless-network-security-mwns-12

In
conjunction with 11th
IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and
Communications (IEEE TrustCom-12)http://www.scim.brad.ac.uk/~hmibrahi/TrustCom2012/

Venue &
Dates: Liverpool, UK, 25-27 June, 2012

Introduction 

Mobile and wireless networks are
regarded as the key underlying infrastructures for realizing the next
generation networking and computing, such as cloud computing, ubiquitous
computing, and 4G networks. Compared to wired networks, mobile and wireless networks
are more vulnerable to different attacks such as denial of service, man in the
middle, hijacking, spoofing, etc. In addition, mobile and wireless networks
usually have limited resources, which is a real problem in security solution
design. These unique characteristics of the mobile and wireless networks pose a
number of challenges in terms of security. We need to design secure and robust
solutions which are light enough to be supported by mobile terminals and
communications. Addressing these challenging issues can provide better secure
services and increase the overall system performance. This symposium aims to
identify and explore different issues and challenges related to security
aspects in mobile and wireless networks. For example, what are the benefits or
inconvenience of mobility on security? What are the appropriate mobility models
to have a good level of security? Are classical IDS approaches appropriate for
mobile environments? How can we build up trusted platforms and trustworthy
systems for mobile and wireless networks? 

This
symposium will be held in conjunction with the 11th IEEE International
Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (IEEE
TrustCom-12), an ideal vehicle for bringing
together researchers, scientists, engineers, academics and students all around
the world to share the latest updates on new security technologies that would
shape the next generation of mobile and wireless systems and technology
platforms. 

Scope and Interests 

We are interested in the following
topics, but are not limited to:

·      
Mobile and wireless networks

·      
Trustworthiness and dependability

·      
Security, privacy, risk management

·      
Cloud and virtual computing

·      
Service oriented and P2P computing

·      
Wireless sensor networking

·      
Internet-based virtual computing environment

·      
Performance and security trade-offs

Submission and Publication Information 

The accepted papers from this symposium will be
published by IEEE Computer Society
in  IEEE TrustCom-12 conference/symposium
proceedings (indexed by EI Compendex and ISTP). Papers should be written in
English conforming to the IEEE conference proceedings format
(8.5" x 11", Two-Column). Each paper is
limited to 6 pages (or 8 pages with the over length charge). Distinguished
papers, after further revisions, will be published in the special issues: International Journal of Sensor Networks (indexed by SCI). 

Submission will
be handled through EasyChair. Please find the submission link
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mwns12

Important
Dates 

Deadline for paper submission: 6th April
     2012Notifications to authors: 20 April,
     2012Camera ready papers: 08
     May, 2012Registration Due: 08
     May, 2012

General Co-Chairs 

Nick Antonopoulos, University of Derby, UK

Jie Xu, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK

Program Co-Chairs 

Lei
Shu, Osaka University, Japan

Lu
Liu, University of Derby, UK

Jianxin
Li, Beihang University, China 
Publicity
Co-Chairs

Jams Hardy,
University of Derby, UK

Hussain Al-Aqrabi, University of Derby, UK

Contact

Please email
inquiries concerning MWNS 2012 to: 

Dr. Lei Shu: lei.shu AT live DOT ie
or Dr. Lu Liu: l.liu AT derby.ac.uk