Subject: [p2prg] Deadline Approaching: DISCCO 2012 (First International Workshop on Dependability Issues in Cloud Computing)

From: Neeraj Mittal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 19:28:59 -0500 (CDT)

[Apologies if you received the CFP more than once.]

Please consider submitting a paper to DISCCO 2012.

********************************************************************************************
Call For Papers

First International Workshop on Dependability Issues in Cloud
Computing (DISCCO)

To be held in conjunction with the 31st IEEE International Symposium
on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS)

Location: Irvine, California, USA
Date: October 11th, 2012 
URL: https://sites.google.com/site/discco2012/

Scope: 

Cloud computing has recently emerged as a new and popular paradigm for
deploying, managing and delivering a variety of services through a
shared infrastructure. The services offered through clouds can range
from simple data storage to end-to-end management of business
processes. However, the broad, complex and dynamic nature of cloud
computing environments makes it very challenging to provide resilience
against design faults, unforeseen failures, unexpected operating
conditions, and adversarial attacks. The widespread failure of
Amazon's cloud computing infrastructure last year adversely affected
thousands of Amazon's customers, and underscores the importance of
providing reliability for cloud computing services.

The objective of this workshop is to bring together researchers and
practitioners from academia, industry and government organizations to
foster discussion and share ideas, problems and solutions related to
dependability issues in cloud computing. We solicit stimulating,
original, previously unpublished ideas on completed work, position
papers, and/or work-in-progress papers.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

 - Testing and debugging automation tools for cloud software and
   applications
 - Monitoring, diagnosis and failure recovery mechanisms for cloud
   software and applications
 - Hardware and software fault-tolerance techniques for large-scale
   cloud computing
 - Fault-tolerant approaches to virtualization in clouds
 - Reliability of cloud software, applications and services
 - Autonomic and self-* cloud computing
 - Secure computation in clouds
 - Secure data management in clouds
 - Access control and key management in clouds
 - Network security mechanisms in clouds
 - Privacy and identity management in clouds

Technical Program Committee:

 - Ahmed M. Azab, North Carolina State University, USA
 - Alysson N. Bessani, University of Lisboa, Portugal
 - Jack Brassil, HP Laboratories, USA
 - Abhishek Chandra, University of Minnesota, USA 
 - Rezaul A. Chowdhury, Stony Brook University, USA
 - Nikos Chrisochoides, College of William and Mary, USA
 - Miguel Correia (Co-Chair), Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
 - Vijay K. Garg, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
 - Rudiger Kapitza, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Germany
 - Anne-Marie Kermarrec, INRIA, Renees, France
 - Khaled Khan, Qatar University, Qatar
 - Michael R. Lyu, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
 - Neeraj Mittal (Co-Chair), The University of Texas at Dallas, USA
 - Sathya Peri, Indian Institute of Technology  (IIT), Patna, India
 - Sriram Rao, Yahoo Research, USA
 - Kui (Quinn) Ren, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
 - Kamil Sarac, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA
 - Prashant Shenoy, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA
 - S. Venkatesan, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA

Paper Submission:

Authors should prepare a Portable Document Format (PDF) version of
their full paper. Regular papers should be no longer than 6 pages;
position and work-in-progress papers should be no longer than 3
pages. Papers should follow the IEEE two-column format for conference
proceedings. The font size must be no smaller than 10 points, and must
fit properly on US 'Letter'-sized paper (8.5 x 11 inches). All papers
should be submitted through EasyChair server (use the link
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=discco2012).
 
Publication: 

All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed and the accepted papers
will be included in a Workshop Proceedings published by IEEE Computer
Society Press, and distributed at the Symposium.

The best papers from the workshop will be fast-tracked for publication
in Operating Systems Review (OSR) journal.

Important Dates:

 - Submission of papers: June 8th, 2012
 - Acceptance/rejection notification: June 30th, 2012
 - Camera-ready papers: July 16th, 2012
 - Workshop date: October 11th, 2012

Contact: 

Send questions or comments to workshop co-chairs Neeraj Mittal at
[email-masked] and Miguel P. Correia at
[email-masked].