Subject: [p2prg] WoWMoM 2013 Conference Announcement

From: Maxim Podlesny <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 16:12:33 -0400

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                          FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

                              WoWMoM 2013
                 Fourteenth International Symposium on a
            World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

                    http://wowmom2013.tmit.bme.hu/

                             sponsored by
                        IEEE Computer Society,
                   University of Texas at Arlington,
        IEEE Computer Society TC on Computer Communications (TCCC)

                            June 4-7, 2013
                            Madrid, Spain

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCOPE
The evolution of wireless networking technologies and their key role in
future Internet scenarios offer an increasing wealth of opportunities
for distributing multimedia contents over wireless networks, enabling
dissemination of professional contents to mobile users as well as
sharing user-generated contents among them. Users will be able to
retrieve, publish, and manage information, communicate with other users
or devices, access and author services, create and exploit context-
awareness and so on. Papers that present original work, validated by
experimentation, simulation, or analysis, are solicited. Practical
experiences and experimental efforts from both industry and academy,
duly documenting the lessons learned from test-beds, field-trials, or
real deployments, are also welcome.

A detailed list of topics of interest is available on the conference
website at http://wowmom2013.tmit.bme.hu/. Complete instructions for
submitting papers will be posted in due time.

Papers presented at the Symposium will be considered for a Best Paper
Award. Papers of particular merit will be considered for a fast track
publication in the Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal
(PMC).

Important dates:
- Abstract submission:                 November 23, 2012.
- Full manuscript due:                 November 30, 2012.
- Manuscript acceptance notification:     March 15, 2013.

WORKSHOPS
Proposals for full day workshops are solicited. Selections will be made
considering the expertise and experience of the workshop organizers and
the relevance of the topic to the central theme of the conference.
Instructions for submitting a workshop proposal can be found on the
conference website.

Important dates:
- Workshop proposals submission:        October 20, 2012.
- Workshop acceptance notification:     November 5, 2012.

INDUSTRY SESSION
Original and previously unpublished research papers from industry
researchers and professionals for a one-day Industry Session track are
solicited. A key goal of this session is to present systems-oriented
research that exposes the academic and research communities to real-life
issues and problems being faced in industry. Papers in this session will
be included in the main proceedings of WoWMoM 2013. Submission
instructions for submitting will be posted in due time on the conference
website.

DEMOS
Technical demonstration in the areas of wireless, mobile, and multimedia
networking as well as ubiquitous and pervasive systems are solicited.
Instructions for submitting a demo proposal will be posted in due time
on the conference website.

PhD FORUM
A PhD forum will be organized as a poster session to allow PhD students
to interact both with their peers as well as experienced researchers
from industry. Extended abstracts comprising a summary of research
findings, work in progress and planned research from Doctoral students
working in areas related to wireless, mobile and multimedia networking
are solicited. Instructions for submitting proposals will be posted in
due time on the conference website.

GENERAL CHAIR
- Sergey Gorinsky, Institute IMDEA Networks, Spain

TPC CHAIRS
- Yonghe Liu, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
- Enzo Mingozzi, University of Pisa, Italy

WORKSHOP CHAIRS
- Miguel A. Labrador, University of South Florida, USA
- Polychronis Koutsakis, Technical University of Crete, Greece

INDUSTRY-TRACK CHAIRS
- Claudio Cicconetti, Intecs, Italy
- Vania Conan, Thales Communications & Security, France

PUBLICATIONS CHAIRS
- Angelos Lazaris, University of Southern California, USA
- Balaji Rengarajan, Institute IMDEA Networks,Spain

PhD FORUM CHAIRS
- Marilia Curado, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland

DEMO CHAIRS
- Omer Gurewitz, Ben Gurion University, Israel
- Andres Marin Lopez, Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain

PANEL CHAIR
- Albert Banchs, Institute IMDEA Networks and Carlos III University of 
Madrid, Spain

PUBLICITY CHAIRS
- Michela Becchi, University of Missouri, USA
- Yaping Lin, Hunan University, China
- Jorge Navarro Ortiz, University of Granada, Spain
- Maxim Podlesny, University of Waterloo, Canada

LOCAL ORGANIZATION CHAIRS
- Vincenzo Mancuso, Institute IMDEA Networks, Spain
- Manuel Urueña, Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain

FINANCE & REGISTRATION CHAIR
- Yonghe Liu, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

WEB CHAIRS
- Levente Csikor, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Gábor Rétvári, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary

STEERING COMMITTEE
- Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy
- Sajal K. Das, Univ. Texas at Arlington, USA (CHAIR)
- Dipankar Raychaudhuri, Rutgers Univ., USA
- Satish K. Tripathi, SUNY Buffalo, USA