Subject: [p2prg] IEEE P2P'13 in Trento, Italy (deadline: April 12)

From: Csaba Kiraly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 19:13:49 +0100

I hope no one minds if I post a strictly related CFP to the list.

Best regards,
Csaba Kiraly

#############################################################################
                                IEEE P2P 2013
           13th International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing
                    and Decentralized Distributed Systems
                               CALL FOR PAPERS
#############################################################################

                     September 9-11 2013, Trento (Italy)
                             http://www.p2p13.org

#############################################################################
# Papers due: *** April 12, 2013 ***                                        #
# Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings by IEEE   #
# Communications Society and will be available through IEEE-Xplore          #
#############################################################################

The IEEE Peer-to-Peer Computing conference is a forum to present and discuss
all aspects of mostly decentralized, large-scale distributed systems and
applications. We seek high-quality and original contributions that further
the state-of-the-art in the design and analysis of large-scale distributed
applications and systems, or that investigate real, deployed, applications or
systems. Topics of relevance are:

   * Large-scale infrastructure technology and protocols
   * P2P technologies for grids, clouds and data centers
   * Semantic overlay networks and semantic query routing
   * Experience with deployed (commercial) applications and systems
   * Information retrieval and query support
   * Security, privacy, anonymity, and anti-censorship
   * Policy enforcement, participation incentives, trust, and reputation
   * Cooperation, incentives, and fairness
   * P2P economics
   * Social networks and socially-informed infrastructures
   * New applications of peer-to-peer technologies
   * Overlay architectures and topologies
   * Overlay interaction with underlying infrastructure
   * Overlay monitoring and management
   * Self-organization and self-management
   * P2P applications and systems over mobile networks
   * Measurements and modeling of P2P and cloud systems
   * Performance, availability, robustness, and scalability
   * Volunteer computing

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Paper submission guidelines
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Papers can be submitted either as full papers or as short papers (following
the  IEEE single-spaced two-column format and a 10-point font size). Full
papers should not exceed 10 pages and short papers should not exceed 5 pages.
Short papers are expected to present work that is less mature but holds
promise, articulate a high-level vision, describe challenging future
directions or offer results that do not merit a full submission. Please note
that short papers also need evaluation results or analysis to corroborate the
claims of the paper and that a paper longer than 5 pages is treated as a full
paper.

Papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format through the
paper-submission website linked from the conference website. IEEE templates
for LaTeX and Microsoft Word, as well as related information, can be found at
the IEEE Digital Toolbox web page. The conference proceedings will be
published by the IEEE Communications Society.

All submissions will be evaluated using a double-blind review process. To
ensure blind reviewing, papers should be anonymized by removing author names
and affiliations, as well as by masking any information about projects and
bibliographic references, etc. that might reveal the authors' identities.
Papers that are not properly anonymized will be rejected without review.
Submitted papers should describe original and previously unpublished research
and are not allowed to be simultaneously submitted or under review elsewhere.

To be published in the IEEE P2P 2013 Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore,
an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at
the full (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented at the
conference. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading
the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For authors
with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to 2
papers. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE P2P 2013
Conference Proceedings and in IEEE Xplore.

*Note:* as in the previous year, P2P 2013 will have a two-phase reviewing
process and "open reviews" in order to provide additional feedback to authors
of submitted papers and make the overall reviewing process more transparent.
Specifically, all paper submissions will receive between 3 and 5 reviews each;
while all papers will receive at least 3 reviews, papers of sufficient quality
will undergo a second reviewing phase. In addition, the camera-ready version
of each accepted paper will be accompanied by a 1-page summary that consists
of the significant portions of the (anonymized) reviews that the paper
received during the reviewing process and a 1-paragraph summary by the authors
detailing how they addressed the reviewers' comments. The conference
proceedings as well as the conference website will include the camera-ready
version of each accepted paper together with the corresponding 1-page summary
review.

In addition to the main conference, IEEE P2P 2013 will have a poster and demo
session, and a conference best paper award. The demo/poster session will be
announced with a separate CFP. With authors' consent some short papers not
making it to the final program will be considered for Poster presentation.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Important Dates
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

   * Abstract submission          : April 5, 2013
   * Submission deadline          : April 12, 2013
   * Notification                 : July 12, 2013
   * Author registration deadline : July 26, 2013
   * Camera-ready deadline        : August 2, 2013
   * Conference dates             : September 9-11, 2013

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Organizing Committee
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

General Chair
   Renato Lo Cigno, University of Trento, Italy

Program Chairs
   Adriana Iamnitchi, University of South Florida, U.S.A.
   Pascal Felber, Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland

Demo Chairs
   Luca Abeni, University of Trento, Italy
   Damiano Carra, University of Verona, Italy

Publicity/Web Chairs
   Csaba Kiraly, University of Trento, Italy
   Benedikt Elser, University of Trento, Italy

Treasurer/Finance Chair
   Alberto Montresor, University of Trento, Italy

Steering Committee
   Alberto Montresor (Chair), University of Trento, Italy
   Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University, U.S.A.
   Karl Aberer, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland
   Anwitaman Datta, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
   Dick Epema, T.U. Delft, the Netherlands
   Teruo Higashino, Osaka University, Japan
   Wolfgang Kellerer, T. U. Munchen, Germany
   Pedro Garcia Lopez, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
   Fabian Bustamante, Northwestern University, U.S.A