Subject: [p2p-sip] SPIT on p2p-SIP Networks

From: RoyR at saic-abingdon.com (Roy, Radhika (AEAD))
Date: Mon Oct 3 16:34:08 2005

Hi, Miguel:

P2P has got some problems as well. For example, it is somewhat like
"push." As a result, how to avoid spam in P2P is an issue. However, to
deal with spam is not unique in p2p. 

In general, spam is an issue for all. For example, as you have
mentioned, heavy-application-based super-node can be one of the
solutions for both p2p and non-p2p system.

If we focus on the usefulness of the p2p system first, the associated
problems can be looked into in the general context of the overall
Internet problems such as security, spam, QOS, etc.

Best regards,
Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Miguel
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 4:12 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [p2p-sip] SPIT on p2p-SIP Networks

Hi,
	first, thanks to BR/Radhika to answer may last question.
Well, I was reading how SPIT (Spam over Internet Telephony) could become

a problem in SIP VoIP providers. This problem could be resulted with an 
array of SBC's, if they are enough mature to that kind of functions. 
However, in p2p networks, it's pretty more difficult to solve the 
problem; in fact, I really don't know how it could be done, unless you 
control any node or super-node with a heavy application. Am I right?

Regards
Miguel Saravia

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/p2p-sip/attachments/20051003/05727c9a/attachment.html