Subject: [p2p-sip] Goals of Ad-hoc meeting at IETF 64

From: matthews at nimcatnetworks.com (Philip Matthews)
Date: Thu Oct 6 14:44:14 2005

I think the main goal of this ad-hoc meeting should be trying
to find points of commonality between people's systems and interests.

In my opinion, there is no way we can get a working group going until
we have something focused to work on. In Paris, we saw that there
were some ideas in common -- it seems to me that the goal of this
meeting should be to flesh those out and prioritize them. We should
prepare a list of work items for a possible WG
and to have a fairly good idea how we might achieve them.

- Philip

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of David A. Bryan
Sent: October 5, 2005 10:37
To: P2P-SIP
Cc: Rohan Mahy; [email-masked]; Gonzalo Camarillo; Bruce Lowekamp
Subject: [p2p-sip] P2P SIP Ad-Hoc at IETF 64

Just an FYI to everyone. I've been working with the SIPPING chairs,
and Eyeball networks, which has offered to sponsor the room, and it
appears that we are going to meet Friday, September 11, from either
1-6 or 12-5. This should give us a bit longer to discuss things than
we had in Paris. Final details (and a post to SIPPING) will come after
we work out the exact details -- will likely be off site, but
walkable. Just wanted to let everyone know as soon as possible (sorry
for the delay) so they could book appropriately.

I'm working on a draft agenda. If you haven't already sent items you
would like considered, please send them to me, and I'll try to get a
list of the most commonly requested topics together in the next few
days.

Hope to see many of you there!

David Bryan

_______________________________________________
p2p-sip mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/p2p-sip

---

From: eunsoo at research.panasonic.com (Eunsoo Shim)
Date: Thu Oct 6 15:40:08 2005

I agree with Philip.
To add my spin, I think we should focus on what we can and should do in 
a reasonable time frame rather than try to identify all the difficult 
problems related to P2P and P2P SIP or to cover all the advanced 
features we can imagine.
Regards,

Eunsoo