Subject: [p2p-sip] Towards Reining In the Scope

From: royrr at us.saic.com (Roy, Radhika R.)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:55:24 -0500

Inline [RRR]

  _____  

From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu on behalf of Stastny Richard
Sent: Sun 1/15/2006 7:14 AM
To: Benny Prijono; henry at pulver.com
Cc: p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [p2p-sip] Towards Reining In the Scope

>So in that context, we *are* building federations with p2p sip. When 
>your p2p node joins a p2p "network", you are joining a particular sip 
>p2p federation. 

No, IMHO you are joining only a "p2p network", the federations exist 
a-priori. 

[RRR] If this is the case, is it not the case that many of the problems such
as security, QoS, service profiles, and others that have been described
other members including Kundan can be addressed more easily in p2p federated
networks?

Richard