Subject: [p2p-sip] Issue #6 NAT Traversal milestone (was: Draft charte r for possible P2PSIP WG)

From: royrr at us.saic.com (Roy, Radhika R.)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:23:56 -0500

Hi, all:

I think that Juergen has done the better job in articulating the
requirements. Let us accept this as stated by him.

Best regards,
Radhika

---------
In summary: neither the _investigation_ in FW/NAT traversal techniques,
nor their
_implementation_ is the core work for us, but the steps in between:
selecting the right
one(s) and integrating them with the P2P SIP solution that we will be
working on.
Consequently, here is suggestion #4:

5.  Select firewall/NAT traversal technique(s) for P2P SIP and integrate
them
    into the P2P SIP architecture or framework.  If necessary, define
requirements
    for enhancements of existing techniques to be acted on by other
working groups.

Juergen