Subject: [p2p-sip] OpenWengo

From: Kasthuriram_V at infosys.com (Kasthuri Ram V.)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:12:02 +0530

> Is anyone interested in such a kind of project?

Yes.

> Among available stacks, my preference would go to nokia's sofia-sip
> (http://sofia-sip.sourceforge.net/), which is pretty modular and well
> documented.

I was more interested in GNU osip library
http://www.gnu.org/software/osip/osip.html

sofia-sip looks to have better documentation than osip. I would be
interested in knowing any other advantages of sofia-sip over osip or
vovida's sip stack with reference to p2p.

Thanks,
Ram
--

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

---

From: enrico.marocco at TILAB.COM (Enrico Marocco)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:17:45 +0100

> vovida's sip stack with reference to p2p.

Just for implementing a p2p node (ie sending REGISTER requests and
repling with 200/302 responses), I think the documentation is the main
advantage.

On the other hand, osip and vovida provide low level functionalities,
while sofia-sip (as also eXosip) has a nice high level api. This should
have influence on the decision in so far as we consider the integration
of p2p support in such stack. If developing a p2p node we were able to
integrate the functionalities in a middle layer of the stack (I figure a
kind of routing logic in the transaction layer), the p2p support would
be easily made available for the layers above (eg user agent, event
server, ecc).

Enrico

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
MailAdmin at tilab.com. Thank you
====================================================================