Subject: [p2p-sip] Simulations on P2P-SIP

From: aoredo at essex.ac.uk (Oredope, Adetola)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:27:46 +0100

Thanks a lot Kurt for the link to the webpage we found quite a number of
useful information there.

But we are primarily aiming at investigating the interactions between
SIP and P2P technologies in a mobile environment.

For example the SIPDHT implementation is a good starting point but we
are restricted towards carrying out scalability tests, that's our
motivation to carry out simulations instead.

Can anyone be of help on the appropriate environment to carry out
simulations on P2P-SIP i.e. SIP and P2P interactions?

Regards,

Tola

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Tutschku [mailto:tutschku at informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de] 
Sent: 09 August 2006 14:54
To: Oredope, Adetola
Cc: p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: RE: [p2p-sip] Simulations on P2P-SIP

Dear Tola,

you might look on our previous work on mobile P2P content distribution.

You can find the paper at:

http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/projects/siemens-mopi/

Best Regards

Kurt

________________________________

From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Oredope, Adetola
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:34 PM
To: Medhavi Bhatia
Cc: p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [p2p-sip] Simulations on P2P-SIP

We are actually working on Content delivery networks especially in the
3G IMS and we are also investigating the extent to which P2P-SIP
implementations can further improve issues such as scalability,
redundancy and the integration of services in the 3G IMS. Yes, it
obvious that P2P technologies offer these advantages over the Internet
since the Internet itself based on a peer-to-peer model. We are quite
curious about the behaviour of P2P-SIP in a Client-Server architecture
such as the 3G IMS and if the P2P technologies will still retain these
advantages. We will like to know if there are any known platforms
available to assist us achieve this sim.

Thanks and Regards, 

Tola

-----Original Message-----
From: medhavib at gmail.com [mailto:medhavib at gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Medhavi Bhatia
Sent: 09 August 2006 13:46
To: Oredope, Adetola
Cc: p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [p2p-sip] Simulations on P2P-SIP

What factors are you trying to evaluate?

On 8/9/06, Oredope, Adetola <aoredo at essex.ac.uk> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to carrying out some experimental simulations evaluating
certain factors between the CS-SIP and P2P-SIP.

Does any one have any ideas that can be of help to me? For example like
the Platform for the simulations, methods for simulation and issues I
need to bear in mind. 

Thanks and Regards,

Adetola Oredope

Pervasive Networks and Services Research Group,

University of Essex, Department of Electronic Systems Engineering,

Wivenhoe Park, Colchester 

CO4 3SQ 

United Kingdom

http://www.essex.ac.uk/ese/research/pervasivenetworks/

--- Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God's
hand for that person.

_______________________________________________
p2p-sip mailing list
p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/cucslists/listinfo/p2p-sip

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/p2p-sip/attachments/20060810/4d035c61/attachment-0001.html