Subject: [p2p-sip] Simulations on P2P-SIP

From: aoredo at essex.ac.uk (Oredope, Adetola)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:34:06 +0100

We are actually working on Content delivery networks especially in the
3G IMS and we are also investigating the extent to which P2P-SIP
implementations can further improve issues such as scalability,
redundancy and the integration of services in the 3G IMS. Yes, it
obvious that P2P technologies offer these advantages over the Internet
since the Internet itself based on a peer-to-peer model. We are quite
curious about the behaviour of P2P-SIP in a Client-Server architecture
such as the 3G IMS and if the P2P technologies will still retain these
advantages. We will like to know if there are any known platforms
available to assist us achieve this sim.

Thanks and Regards, 

Tola

-----Original Message-----
From: medhavib at gmail.com [mailto:medhavib at gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Medhavi Bhatia
Sent: 09 August 2006 13:46
To: Oredope, Adetola
Cc: p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [p2p-sip] Simulations on P2P-SIP

What factors are you trying to evaluate?

On 8/9/06, Oredope, Adetola <aoredo at essex.ac.uk> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to carrying out some experimental simulations evaluating
certain factors between the CS-SIP and P2P-SIP.

Does any one have any ideas that can be of help to me? For example like
the Platform for the simulations, methods for simulation and issues I
need to bear in mind. 

Thanks and Regards,

Adetola Oredope

Pervasive Networks and Services Research Group,

University of Essex, Department of Electronic Systems Engineering,

Wivenhoe Park, Colchester 

CO4 3SQ 

United Kingdom

http://www.essex.ac.uk/ese/research/pervasivenetworks/

--- Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God's
hand for that person.

_______________________________________________
p2p-sip mailing list
p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/cucslists/listinfo/p2p-sip

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/p2p-sip/attachments/20060809/a30906dc/attachment.html

---

From: tutschku at informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de (Kurt Tutschku)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:53:43 +0200

Dear Tola,

you might look on our previous work on mobile P2P content distribution.

You can find the paper at:

http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/projects/siemens-mopi/

Login and password is: ls3pubs

Best Regards

Kurt

  _____  

From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Oredope, Adetola
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:34 PM
To: Medhavi Bhatia
Cc: p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [p2p-sip] Simulations on P2P-SIP

We are actually working on Content delivery networks especially in the 3G
IMS and we are also investigating the extent to which P2P-SIP
implementations can further improve issues such as scalability, redundancy
and the integration of services in the 3G IMS. Yes, it obvious that P2P
technologies offer these advantages over the Internet since the Internet
itself based on a peer-to-peer model. We are quite curious about the
behaviour of P2P-SIP in a Client-Server architecture such as the 3G IMS and
if the P2P technologies will still retain these advantages. We will like to
know if there are any known platforms available to assist us achieve this
sim.

Thanks and Regards, 

Tola

-----Original Message-----
From: medhavib at gmail.com [mailto:medhavib at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Medhavi
Bhatia
Sent: 09 August 2006 13:46
To: Oredope, Adetola
Cc: p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [p2p-sip] Simulations on P2P-SIP

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to carrying out some experimental simulations evaluating certain
factors between the CS-SIP and P2P-SIP.

Does any one have any ideas that can be of help to me? For example like the
Platform for the simulations, methods for simulation and issues I need to
bear in mind. 

Thanks and Regards,

Adetola Oredope

CO4 3SQ 

United Kingdom

--- Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God's hand
for that person.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/p2p-sip/attachments/20060809/5fb8ffcf/attachment-0001.html