Subject: [p2p-sip] __A_New_Internet-draft_is_available

From: RADHIKA.R.ROY at saic.com (Roy, Radhika R.)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:07:07 -0400

Hi, Juwei:

I am adding the comments related to MANET peers. 

Please see inline [RRR].

BR/Radhika

  _____  

From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Juwei Shi
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 4:52 AM
To: 'K.Yamamoto'; 'Seaward Hu'; p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: ??: RE:_[p2p-sip]_A_New_Internet-draft_is_available

I?ll explain the motivation of the hierarchical P2P-SIP architecture. 

The precondition of applying the hierarchical approach is that the
SIP-over-P2P structure is adopted. We have presented the benefits of that
two layer approach in our draft. 

Various P2P overlays have already existed such as Chord, Pastry and etc. We
can?t roughly tie up a specific P2P overlay as the peer locating service for
SIP but exclude other overlays. Only one overlay is inflexible and can?t
satisfy requirements of all the peers. For example, the requirement of a
mobile peer in MANET differs from that of a powerful host in Internet. 

[RRR] True, if it is pure MANET networking with no interfacing by nay MANET
nodes with any fixed infrastructures.

[RRR] If one or some MANET nodes have the ability to communicate with some
fixed infrastructures somewhere in the network(s), the requirements might
not be so hard to meet.

Thus we believe that heterogeneous P2P overlays will exist, and when we use
them as the underlying peer locating service for SIP we can only
inter-connect them to retain the connectivity feature of SIP. 

Comments are welcomed!

Thanks 

Juwei 

 

WHEN YOU CAN MANIPULATE NODES OF MULTIPLE OVERLAYS, WHY NOT MANIPULATE THEM
TO USE ONLY ONE OVERLAY? 

THANK YOU.

--KY

PLEASE QUALITY CONTROL LIKE BUILDING A LEXUS.

Juwei Shi <jwshi at bupt.edu.cn> wrote:

Yes, I agree with Seaward, hierarchically inter-connecting heterogeneous
overlays is more practical than the mesh based approach.  

Interworking among heterogeneous hierarchical is more efficient than do it
meshy, you can not expect a flat huge mesh over whole world can work
reliably, the reason why mesh is used is the absence of a acceptable
standard.

Thanks.

Seaward 

  _____  

From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of K.Yamamoto
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 2:16 AM
To: Juwei Shi; p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: ??0?2???: [p2p-sip] A New Internet-draft is available

WHEN NUMEROUS MULTI-OVERLAID NODES ARE INTERCONNECTED, "the interworking
among heterogenous overlays" IS GENERALLY MESSY NOT HIERACHICAL. 

THANK YOU.

  

  
--KY

  
PLEASE QUALITY
 CONTROL LIKE BUILDING A LEXUS.

Juwei Shi <jwshi at bupt.edu.cn> wrote: 

The NAT issues will be discussed in our future drafts. 

This draft focuses on the interworking among heterogenous overlays and the
SIP-over-P2P architecture in one single overlay is proposed by E. Shim etc. 

http://www.p2psip.org/drafts/draft-shim-sipping-p2p-arch-00.txt
<http://www.p2psip.org/drafts/draft-shim-sipping-p2p-arch-00.txt> 

Thanks

Juwei

  _____  

????????oo: K.Yamamoto [mailto:kyara543 at yahoo.com] 
???????????????????: 2006?1??8???23????? 12:21
????????oo: Juwei Shi; p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
????????: Re: [p2p-sip] A New Internet-draft is available

THE DOCUMENT IS GORGEOUS BUT NEED RENAME AS "A MESHY ARCHITECTURE AMONG
MULTIPLE P2P-SIP NETWORKS".

FOMULA "Node-ID=Hash(Node-IP)" HAS PROBLEM WITH MULTIPLE NODES BEHIND A NAT.

  

  
 THERE IS LITTLE ABOUT P2P OR SIP, FOR ONE SINGLE OVERLAY.

  

  
 THANK YOU.

  

  
 --KY

  
 PLEASE QUALITY CONTROL LIKE BUILDING A LEXUS.

Juwei Shi <jwshi at bupt.edu.cn> wrote:

Hello, all

We have

  
 submitted a new Internet-draft entitled a???A Hierarchical P2P-SIP
Architecturea???. This draft focuses
 on the SIP-over-P2P architecture and interworking of heterogeneous overlay
networks. 

This document is available in the Internet-drafts archive now:

http://www3.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shi-p2psip-hier-arch-00..txt
<http://www3.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shi-p2psip-hier-arch-00.txt> 

Comments are welcomed!

Thanks

Juwei

Juwei Shi 

Wireless Technology Innovation Institute (WTI)

Beijing Univ. of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT)

Tel: +86-10-62283600 ext. 312

Email: jwshi at bupt.edu.cn

_______________________________________________
p2p-sip mailing list
p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/cucslists/listinfo/p2p-sip

  _____  

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http:/usrd.yahoo.com/evt=
39663/*http:/voice.yahoo.com>  PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+
countries) for 2???/min or less.

  _____  

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt
=39663/*http:/voice.yahoo.com>  PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+
countries) for 2??/min or less. 

  _____  

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo!
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=41244/*http:/smallbusiness.yahoo.com/>  Small
Business. 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/p2p-sip/attachments/20060825/0e5e8812/attachment-0001.html

---

From: jwshi at bupt.edu.cn (Juwei Shi)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:26:11 +0800

Thanks, Radhika.

The requirement here means the design goal. The first level goals of overlay lookup protocol in MANET may be reducing the message overhead, self-adapting to the topology change and etc. However, this set of goals may not still the first level design goals in Internet. Then various overlays will exist to satisfy different goals. Thus we need the hierarchical approach to inter-connect these overlays. 

B. R.

Juwei

  _____  

Hi, Juwei:

Please see inline [RRR].

BR/Radhika

  _____  

From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu [mailto:p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Juwei Shi
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 4:52 AM
To: 'K.Yamamoto'; 'Seaward Hu'; p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: ??: RE:_[p2p-sip]_A_New_Internet-draft_is_available

The precondition of applying the hierarchical approach is that the SIP-over-P2P structure is adopted. We have presented the benefits of that two layer approach in our draft. 

Various P2P overlays have already existed such as Chord, Pastry and etc. We can?t roughly tie up a specific P2P overlay as the peer locating service for SIP but exclude other overlays. Only one overlay is inflexible and can?t satisfy requirements of all the peers. For example, the requirement of a mobile peer in MANET differs from that of a powerful host in Internet. 

[RRR] True, if it is pure MANET networking with no interfacing by nay MANET nodes with any fixed infrastructures.

[RRR] If one or some MANET nodes have the ability to communicate with some fixed infrastructures somewhere in the network(s), the requirements might not be so hard to meet.

Thus we believe that heterogeneous P2P overlays will exist, and when we use them as the underlying peer locating service for SIP we can only inter-connect them to retain the connectivity feature of SIP. 

Comments are welcomed!

Thanks 

Juwei 

 

WHEN YOU CAN MANIPULATE NODES OF MULTIPLE OVERLAYS, WHY NOT MANIPULATE THEM TO USE ONLY ONE OVERLAY? 

THANK YOU.

--KY

Yes, I agree with Seaward, hierarchically inter-connecting heterogeneous overlays is more practical than the mesh based approach.  

Interworking among heterogeneous hierarchical is more efficient than do it meshy, you can not expect a flat huge mesh over whole world can work reliably, the reason why mesh is used is the absence of a acceptable standard.

Thanks.

Seaward 

  _____  

From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu [mailto:p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of K.Yamamoto
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 2:16 AM
To: Juwei Shi; p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: ??0?2???: [p2p-sip] A New Internet-draft is available

WHEN NUMEROUS MULTI-OVERLAID NODES ARE INTERCONNECTED, "the interworking among heterogenous overlays" IS GENERALLY MESSY NOT HIERACHICAL. 

THANK YOU.

  

  

  

  
  
--KY

  

  
  
PLEASE QUALITY

This draft focuses on the interworking among heterogenous overlays and the SIP-over-P2P architecture in one single overlay is proposed by E. Shim etc. 

Thanks

Juwei

  _____  

THE DOCUMENT IS GORGEOUS BUT NEED RENAME AS "A MESHY ARCHITECTURE AMONG MULTIPLE P2P-SIP NETWORKS".

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  
  
 THANK YOU.

  

  

  

  
  
 --KY

  

  

Hello, all

We have

  

  
  
 submitted a new Internet-draft entitled a???A Hierarchical P2P-SIP Architecturea???. This draft focuses
 on the SIP-over-P2P architecture and interworking of heterogeneous overlay networks. 

http://www3.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shi-p2psip-hier-arch-00..txt <http://www3.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shi-p2psip-hier-arch-00.txt> 

Comments are welcomed!

Thanks

Juwei

Juwei Shi 

  _____  

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http:/usrd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http:/voice.yahoo.com>  PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2???/min or less.

  _____  

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http:/voice.yahoo.com>  PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2??/min or less. 

  _____  

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=41244/*http:/smallbusiness.yahoo.com/>  Small Business. 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/p2p-sip/attachments/20060825/2f4525fa/attachment-0001.html