Subject: [P2PSIP] New version of Concepts draft

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:04:43 -0500

I have just posted the -01 version of the Concepts draft.

This changes this time were minor:

* Added the term "Responsible Peer" to the terminology section.

* Added a new section that talks about protocol architecture. For  
now, the primary contribution of this section is to say that we have  
decided not to follow the route of extending SIP to handle all the  
overlay and distributed database operations. The section gives a  
short list of reasons why the WG took this decision.
As a consequence, I removed a section in the Open Questions section  
that talks about this very question.

* Added a couple of sentences clarifying that the Reference  
Architecture diagram does not illustrate every possible combination  
of nodes and interactions.

We are coming up to another major rewrite of this document. This  
rewrite will likely specify in much more detail how an overlay works.  
However, I personally want to see how the meeting in Vancouver turns  
out before starting this revision.

- Philip

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip