Subject: [P2PSIP] New draft: A Kademlia-based DHT for Resource Lookup in P2PSIP

From: "Simone Cirani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:21:12 +0100

Hi, Luca Veltri ([email-masked]) and I have submitted on Octeber
25th a new draft, which is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cirani-p2psip-dsip-dhtkademlia-00.txt

The draft describes a Kademlia-based protocol for Resource Lookup
based on dSIP (although the authors of dSIP have decided to obsolete
it).
As a practical demonstration of the feasibility of the solution we
have already provided a dSIP implementation (based on mjSip library)
of both Chord and Kademlia, available from
http://www.mjsip.org/projects/p2psip/p2psip_dsip_071025.zip

------------------
Abstract:

   This draft describes a Kademlia-based protocol for Resource Lookup in
   P2PSIP.  The proposed protocol is based on dSIP, a SIP-based protocol
   proposed by other authors as generic framework for a distributed SIP
   Location Service.  Although the dSIP authors have obsoleted the draft
   by a newer approach based on a binary protocol named RELOAD, we are
   still considering this SIP-based approach, due to implementation
   simplicity, possibility of reuse of already available SIP stack
   implementations, easy integration into existing UAs, minimization of
   the number of required protocols for a P2P UA, and widespread support
   for (and relative maturity of) the SIP standard.

------------------

Please feel free to send us your opinions and comments.

Kind regards,
Simone Cirani

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip