Subject: [P2PSIP] New draft: An proposal for P2PSIP Peer protocol, named SEP( Service Extensible Peer Protocol)

From: JiangXingFeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:43:44 +0800

Hi, 

We have just submitted a new draft which you can get at
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/p2psip/draft-jiang-p2psip-sep-00.txt;

This draft proposes a new Peer protocol named SEP (Service Extensible Peer
Protocol). This protocol has addressed some interesting issues listed as
follows:
1. A built-in NAT traversal mechanism used in semi-recursive routing mode.
The source peer tries to put into the request some relaying peers which will
be delegated to relay the response destined to the source peer and the
destination peer could use these relaying peers to relay the response. 

2. A general service discovery mechanism which makes full use of other
peers' total knowledge of the overlay and ask other peers to collect
information about service peers. The discovered information will be returned
to the requester for the service discovery in the end. 

3. Introduce a simple flow-control mechanism performed between immediate
peers because some peers may be overloaded with traffic that is beyond its
processing capability. If the upstream peer is aware of the status of its
downstream peers, it could do intelligent forwarding decision based on the
status. The flow control mechanism could be easily realized by extending
KEEPALIVE message or a NOTIFY message. 

Any comments are appreciated.

Regards!
--
Jiang XingFeng

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip