Subject: [P2PSIP] Another thought about ways to move forward

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:58:48 -0600

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that we stop work on peer protocol 
proposals and work on requirements - that wouldn't be helpful or realistic. 
Having said that...

We're having some very interesting requirements discussions on this list, 
and the two things that concern me as a working group participant is

- discussions like this tend to include handwaving ("what about THIS?", "oh, 
THIS isn't a problem because of THAT", when "THAT" hasn't been mentioned 
yet), so it's really difficult to understand a proposal and respond to it 
when the proposal is still being revealed over time, and

- even when discussions like this DO converge, the convergence doesn't 
really count until it appears as draft text that the working group chairs 
can judge consensus on, and then forward requesting publication.

So, it would be lovely to have draft text - and yes, I know we're now in the 
00 blackout, but that doesn't prevent people from submitting drafts that 
WILL be announced (apparently, even during the IETF week, based on recent 
practice), as the basis for hallway discussions in Vancouver, and as the 
basis for more focused discussion on this list after Vancouver.

("Please send text" is an IETF slogan going way back in time)

Thanks,

Spencer, speaking only for myself - the position of Miss Manners for this 
mailing list is still open, as far as I know 

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip