Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] List of implementations

From: "Softgear Ko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:52:22 +0900

Hello all,
I suggest one very carefully.
I think reload is one of best candidate as WG peer protocol. But, before we
accept reload as WG peer protocol draft, can we push Mr. Bryan to open their
implementation?
If reload is opened, we can confirm the peer protocol and find more
practical issues. It can be also very helpful to deploy our protocols to
real world quickly.

- Softgear Ko
________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Simone Cirani
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 6:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] List of implementations

Hi everybody,
I would like to advertise an available open source implementation that came
along with the draft that Luca Veltri and I submitted
on October 25th, 2007 [draft-cirani-p2psip-dsip-dhtkademlia-00].
We have provided a dSIP implementation of both Chord and Kademlia, 
available from <http://www.mjsip.org/projects/p2psip/p2psip_dsip_071025.zip>
based on the MjSip SIP stack [http://www.mjsip.org].

Even though we understand that the WG is moving towards another direction
than dSIP, we thought that it would make sense to advertise it anyway.

Regards, 
Simone Cirani 

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:36:56 +0200

> accept reload as WG peer protocol draft, can we push Mr. Bryan to open their

No, we can't.  And we don't want in any way to make a choice based on a
company's business model.

> practical issues. It can be also very helpful to deploy our protocols to

I agree.  But if people consider it the best candidate even without an
open implementation (I do consider it the best candidate, despite being
the author of an alternative proposal), there's nothing wrong with the
group adopting it.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico