Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] New Version Notification for draft-wang-p2psip-event-notification-extension-00

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:05:26 +0800

Hi,folks
    I have wrote a draft regarding p2psip event notification extension. I 
think it can meet the requirements of real time data access scenario.
 
    Hope for your comments.

IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]> 
2009-03-02 19:40

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送
[email-masked]
主题
New Version Notification for 
draft-wang-p2psip-event-notification-extension-00

A new version of I-D, 
draft-wang-p2psip-event-notification-extension-00.txt has been successfuly 
submitted by Jun Wang and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:                 draft-wang-p2psip-event-notification-extension
Revision:                 00
Title:                            P2PSIP Event Notification Extension
Creation_date:            2009-03-02
WG ID:                            Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 20

Abstract:
The p2p technology is data centric, where the data objects are 
distributed in the p2p overlay according to the routing algorithm. 
Applications access the data objects via peer/client protocol or 
gateways, and some of them require data replicas to be synchronized 
in real time, such as a data object stored in overlay and its cache 
copy in client memory. This can be achieved by introducing an event 
notification extension to p2p protocol. This document describes the 
subscribe/notify mechanism for p2psip and define several new methods 
to implement such extension.

The IETF Secretariat.

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: lichun li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 20:38:53 +0800

I think subscribe/notify mechnism is very neccesary and can also be used
to inform other events other than data modification.

Have consider notifier migration? At a glance, I don't find notifier
migration in the draft.
If the orignal notifier leaves or fails, another peer should become
new notifier immediately.
Otherwise, the subscriber may not get the latest data for a while.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 4:05 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> A new version of I-D, draft-wang-p2psip-event-notification-extension-00.txt
> has been successfuly submitted by Jun Wang and posted to the IETF
> repository.
>
> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip
>
>

-- 
Sincerely yours,

Lichun Li
Mobile Life New Media Lab, BUPT

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 10:17:38 +0800

Thanks for the comments, see 3.3.4
3.3.4. Storage and replication 

   The Notifier MUST store the subscription state as part of resource 
   data object and enforce the same replication strategy. In case a node 
   fails, the other node where the replica stored can process any 
   request towards the replicated resource. 

Thanks

lichun li <[email-masked]> 
2009-03-03 20:38

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
主题
Re: [P2PSIP] New Version Notification for 
draft-wang-p2psip-event-notification-extension-00

> IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
draft-wang-p2psip-event-notification-extension-00.txt
> ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail 
is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication 
is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy 
and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
others.
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and 
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are 
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the 
originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those 
of the individual sender.

-- 
Sincerely yours,

Lichun Li