Subject: [P2PSIP] hi

From: "huang lican" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:52:58 +0800

Call paper,  

The First International Workshop on Semantic P2P Networks (SP2PN 01)
(http://virgo.sourceforge.net/SP2PN01.html)

In conjunction with 
2009 International Conference on New Trends in Information and Service
Science 
(http://www.aicit.org/niss/)
NISS 2009: June 30- July 2, 2009 - Beijing, China.

Aims and scope
Although client/server technology has been successful in many IT fields, it
has many shortcomings. P2P technology is now considered as the next
generation computing model. The P2P technologies are used in file sharing
applications in the beginning to various general-purpose applications today.
There are mainly two types of P2P technologies. The unstructured approach
routes nodes by a "flooding algorithm". The structured approach is mostly
based on Distributed Hash Table (DHT) technologies. However, these two kinds
of P2P approaches do not care about the semantic meaning of the nodes. They
do not care about the nodes whose users may take different roles in social
groups in the communities. 

This workshop aims to address the need for more research into the theory and
applicability of semantic P2P networks. Areas of interest include, but are
not limited to, the following:

- Search mechanisms and heuristics for computational resources based on
semantic P2P network
- Service discovery & utilization based on semantic P2P network 
- Semantic P2P models of deployment and management of Web Services 
- Semantic P2P storage systems 
- Semantic computational sharing and cloud computing over P2P networks 
- Semantic Peer-to-Peer workflow management systems 
- Overlay self-organization and management 
- Semantic computational P2P networks 
- Semantic P2P networks for scientific workflow 
- Semantic P2P systems related to social science

Important dates
SP2PN 01;  June 30- July 2, 2009, Beijing, China.
Deadline for Paper submission: April 7, 2009 
Paper acceptance notification: April 17, 2009

Paper submission and publication
The papers are limited to 3-4 pages for short paper and 6-8 for full paper,
and they must follow the IEEE 8.5"x11" two-column format guidelines
described at http://www.computer.org/portal/pages/cscps/cps/cps_forms.html.
The papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance,
technical soundness, and clarity of expression. For accepted papers, advance
registration is required in order to include the final camera ready version
in the proceedings which will be published by IEEE Computer Society. And at
least one author should be registered in advance and will present the paper
in the workshop (Presentation Types:  Oral/ Poster/UCC Oral).

 . The paper has to be submitted via online submission system as the
following address: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sp2pn01

* Proceedings will be published by IEEE CS series

* Selected papers will be fast-track reviewed for special issues in some
eminent international journals. 

1) Prelimenary Paper Types (for submission and review): 
- Full paper (6-8 pages)            
- Short paper (3-4 pages)

2) Final Paper Types (for publishing): 

For inclusion of the accepted papers into IEEE CS proceedings please follow
the guideline*:
  Full paper ( 6-8 pages) / Short Paper (3-4 pages)
 Accepted papers' authors will be able to upload the final paper to the IEEE
system. 

 International Committee: 

Dr. Maozhen Li (Brunel University, UK)
Prof. Omer F. Rana (Cardiff University, UK)
Dr. Xiaodong Wang (STFC,  Daresbury Laboratory, UK) 
Dr. Zhiming Zhao (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands)

To be added.

Organizers: 
Prof.  Lican Huang (Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, China)

Contact Information

Dr. Lican Huang (Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, China)

Email: [email-masked]

Address : Xiasha, Higher Education Zone, hangzhou, 310018 Affiliation :
Zhejiang Sci-Tech university