Subject: [P2PSIP] way forward with draft-matuszewski-p2psip-security-overview

From: Song Haibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:14:52 +0800

Hi all,

The work on p2p security requirement/analysis has been going for some time
and there were objections from the group to have a security requirement
document but the feedback we got was that some sort of tutorial and analysis
may be a good idea.
As a results the authors changed the text taking out any normative text and
making it more a tutorial and analysis document in
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-matuszewski-p2psip-security-overview-01.txt .
The document was presented at the last IETF meeting and the comments from
the floor was that people do not understand what is the purpose of this work
and therefore cannot agree if it should be taken by the working group.
Another input was that p2prg has produce a general security document in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-p2prg-rtc-security-05 .

In order to decide if and how to go forward we propose that the document
taking under consideration the p2prg document will describe the specific
security threats in P2PSIP and will provide analysis of the security risks
in each of the P2PSIP layers.
The purpose of the document will be to provide some hints about what to look
at when developing new options or usages for P2PSIP or when looking at
deploying p2psip solutions .

Please think about it and provide feedback if you think this may be a good
way to continue with this work.

Thanks
Haibin