Subject: [P2PSIP] Clarify the 2nd bullet of section 5.1.1 Responsible ID

From: "Michael Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:20:10 -0700

Hi,

In the current -06 draft, the second bullet of 5.1.1 states,

  "If the entry is a Node-ID which belongs to this node..."

A peer may be responsible for a number of Resource-IDs but one and only
one Node-ID, its own.

The 3rd bullet talks about routing to clients, and 5.1.3 talks about
private IDs. Therefore, this 2nd bullet should only be about the top
Node-ID in the destination list equals peer's own Node-ID. I suggest
change the work "belongs" to "is equal", which matches the wording of
the 3rd bullet.

   o  If the entry is a Node-ID which is equal to this node, then ...

Also, the first sentence of section 5.1.2 seems to refer to the 3
bullets in section 5.1.1. It that is true, then:

  "If neither of the other two cases applies, then ..."

should be

  "If neither of the three cases applies, then ..."

--Michael

---

From: Bruce Lowekamp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:06:08 -0800

Michael,

Thanks for the comment.  There are some overlay algorithms where a
single node/process might have more than one Node-ID, so section 5
should be written to allow that.  You're entirely right that it's not
consistent right now.

Bruce

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Michael Chen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip
>