Subject: [P2PSIP] P2PSIP RELOAD

From: Erasmus Tyapa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 19:52:51 +0200

Hi Folks

I'm not real there with P2PSIP but I would like you to correct me with the
following issues  where I am wrong.

1. I understand that the IETF meeting #70 in December 2007, has reached a
consensus that the client concept will be included in the P2PSIP, Why is it
not included in RELOAD?  I think in RELOAD both peers and client uses the
same protocol.

2. Since the pure P2P was also adapted by the working group, how do we
related the concepts of clients and peers in the pure P2P? (I clear see that
this can only be said in partially decentralised P2P). So, does that mean in
pure P2P the P2PSIP node act as a client and peer (but sound stranger)?

3. I understand that the P2PSIP client is on hold at the moment, why is
that? and is the P2PSIP WG planning to adapt the protocol being  proposed by
the HIP working group to solve NAT drawbacks or just going to use ICE ?

-- 
Erasmus Tyapa
Rhodes University
Department Of Computer Science
Grahamstown 6139
South Africa
Email: [email-masked]
Cellphone: +27787091930

---

From: Sun Chongwei <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:03:57 +0800

2010/8/3 Erasmus Tyapa <[email-masked]>

> not included in RELOAD?  I think in RELOAD both peers and client uses the
In RELOAD, nodes can have two roles: peers and clients. So , I think clients
concept has been included in. Am I right?

> pure P2P the P2PSIP node act as a client and peer (but sound stranger)?
I can not understand you clearly. Nodes can provide service and get service
when they act as peers. And nodes can only get service when they act as
clients. That's my understand.

> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip
>
>

-- 
Sun Chongwei
Mobile LIfe and New Media Lab
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications

---

From: jc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 01:24:26 -0400

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 2, 2010, at 10:03 PM, Sun Chongwei <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm not real there with P2PSIP but I would like you to correct me with the following issues  where I am wrong.
> 
> 1. I understand that the IETF meeting #70 in December 2007, has reached a consensus that the client concept will be included in the P2PSIP, Why is it not included in RELOAD?  I think in RELOAD both peers and client uses the same protocol.
> In RELOAD, nodes can have two roles: peers and clients. So , I think clients concept has been included in. Am I right?

Yes

>  
> 
> 2. Since the pure P2P was also adapted by the working group, how do we related the concepts of clients and peers in the pure P2P? (I clear see that this can only be said in partially decentralised P2P). So, does that mean in pure P2P the P2PSIP node act as a client and peer (but sound stranger)?
> I can not understand you clearly. Nodes can provide service and get service when they act as peers. And nodes can only get service when they act as clients. That's my understand.

This is correct.

> 
> 3. I understand that the P2PSIP client is on hold at the moment, why is that? and is the P2PSIP WG planning to adapt the protocol being  proposed by the HIP working group to solve NAT drawbacks or just going to use ICE ? 
> 
> -- 
> Erasmus Tyapa
> Rhodes University

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:51:56 -0700

I agree with Julian

>> 3. I understand that the P2PSIP client is on hold at the moment, why is that? and is the P2PSIP WG planning to adapt the protocol being  proposed by the HIP working group to solve NAT drawbacks or…

Cullen Jennings
For corporate legal information go to:
http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html