Subject: [P2PSIP] draft-ietf-p2psip-base-12 (4)

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:17:29 -0800

More comments:

A.30. Section 5.5.4.1 "opaque config_data<0..2^24-1>"

If a configuration document contains multiple configuration elements (and I
guess multiple matching signature elements), then should not config_data been in
fact structured the same way than kinds?, i.e. an XML fragment containing only
the configuration element and the signature element for this overlay, extracted
from the multiple configuration elements document?

See also A.31 below.

A.31. Section 1.1 'The file can contain multiple "configuration" elements..."

This contradicts the RELAX NG grammar in section 10.1.1.  In addition, should
not configuration elements be structured as kind elements are, i.e. something
like this:

<overlay>
  <configuration-block>
    <configuration>...</configuration>
    <signature>...</signature>
  </configuration-block>
  <configuration-block>
    <configuration>...</configuration>
    <signature>...</signature>
  </configuration-block>
</overlay>

In this case, config_data would contain a XML configuration-block production
(see A.31 above).

A.32. Section 10.1 "root-cert: [...] there can be more than one root-cert element"

This contradicts the RELAX NG grammar in section 10.1.1.

A.33. Section 10.1 "enrollment-server: [...] there can be more than one
enrollment-server element"

This contradicts the RELAX NG grammar in section 10.1.1.

A.34. Section 10.1 'multicast-bootstrap: [...] it has an attribute called
"address" [...] and an attribute called "port"'

This contradicts the RELAX NG grammar in section 10.1.1 (hostPort).

A.35. Section 10.1.1 "parameter &= element required-kinds { kind-block* }"

Because the text in section 10.1. says that "[i]nside each overlay element, the
required-kinds element can also occur", I think it should be this instead:

parameter &= element required-kinds { kind-block+ }?

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Personal email: [email-masked]
Professional email: [email-masked]
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org