Subject: [P2PSIP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-p2psip-base-16.txt> (REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) Base Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 08:09:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation
Protocol WG (p2psip) to consider the following document:
- 'REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) Base Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-p2psip-base-16.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

In particular, this document contains normative references to documents of
lower maturity levels. Two of those documents are not in the downref registry:
RFC 6091 and RFC 6234.

The IESG is interested in community feedback on whether these
downward references are appropriate.

Abstract

   This specification defines REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD),
   a peer-to-peer (P2P) signaling protocol for use on the Internet.  A
   P2P signaling protocol provides its clients with an abstract storage
   and messaging service between a set of cooperating peers that form
   the overlay network.  RELOAD is designed to support a P2P Session
   Initiation Protocol (P2PSIP) network, but can be utilized by other
   applications with similar requirements by defining new usages that
   specify the kinds of data that must be stored for a particular
   application.  RELOAD defines a security model based on a certificate
   enrollment service that provides unique identities.  NAT traversal is
   a fundamental service of the protocol.  RELOAD also allows access
   from "client" nodes that do not need to route traffic or store data
   for others.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-base/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-base/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1191/