Subject: [P2PSIP] partial review of draft-ietf-p2psip-base-17

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:55:01 -0600

I've been asked to look at the XML aspects of draft-ietf-p2psip-base. 
Overall it seems fine. Here are some relatively minor comments.

1. <configuration/> element. The text says "Each configuration element 
has the following attributes..." Unless cardinality is covered by the 
schema, it would be good to say how many times each attribute may or 
must be included.

2. The 'expiration' attribute has a datatype of xsd:dateTime but does 
not define the details of the syntax as used in this protocol. It would 
be best to reference RFC 3339, making sure to document all the details 
about various options, such as use of non-UTC time zones and fractional 
seconds.

3. Is this valid data?

    <root-cert> YmFkIGNlcnQK </root-cert>

4. For the elements and attributes of type xsd:boolean, please note that 
the lexical representations in W3C XML Schema Part 2 are "true" or "1" 
for TRUE and "false" or "0" for FALSE. I always find it useful to make a 
note about that, specifying whether implementations must support both 
styles.

5. Is it really true that the only allowable values for the 'digest' 
attribute are "sha1" and "sha256"? What about hash agility?

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/