Subject: [P2PSIP] Draft of meeting minutes uploaded

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:04:08 +0200

Hi,

A draft of the minutes is available:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/minutes/minutes-84-p2psip

Many thanks Miguel Angel for providing the minutes.

Please provide your feedback by the end of next week.

Thanks,

Brian & Carlos

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 10:31:51 -0700

> Please provide your feedback by the end of next week.

1. The minutes about the beginning of the WG session are missing, i.e. the
part about the timeline of WGLCs for the following drafts:

- - draft-ietf-p2psip-drr
- - draft-ietf-p2psip-rpr
- - draft-ietf-p2psip-self-tuning
- - draft-ietf-p2psip-service-discovery
- - draft-ietf-p2psip-concepts
- - draft-ietf-p2psip-diagnostics

2. "DISCO and SHARE documents. This will be adopted as WG items, subject
to confirmation on the list."

Aren't we in circular loop here?  This was discussed and adopted in Paris,
then discussed in the list.

3. Because publication of updates for draft-ietf-p2psip-base tends to be, hmm,
unpredictable implementers cannot count on it so I'd rather have a good list
of what exactly was decided during the session:

3.1. "Slide 2: EKR disagrees with the proposed solution."

The text will be clarified to say that the hash does contain the length prefix.

3.2. "Slide 3: agreed to make everything based on 1."

3rd paragraph will be changed to "search
through the finger table entries from i=1 and ..."

3.3. "Slide 4: It is agreed to delete multicast."

Everything related to multicast, anycast and broadcast will be removed from
the draft, so there is no need for naked Ping.

3.4. "Slide 6: Cullen thinks there is nothing to update in the draft. Marc
agrees. That needs to be checked with Michale."

I do not remember agreeing with this (but I agreed that Michael should listen
to Cullen's explanations).

3.5. "Slide 7: Agreed."

"Connection table" to be replaced with "Neighbor table" in 10.7.4.1.

3.6. "Slide 8: The text will change to say that the configuration file will
always be signed. EKR: Read the configuration file, get the key out of
it, ... Agreement to update the draft."

Configuration files retrieved from the configuration server are *always* signed.

3.7. "Slide 11: Cullen. We may need something more specific:
"reload-config". Agreed."

The agreed path is "/.well-known/reload-config"

Thanks.

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Email: [email-masked]
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org
Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/petithug

---

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 23:19:08 +0200

Dear Marc,

Thanks a lot for your revision of the minutes. Please see some comments
inline below.

On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 10:31 -0700, Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:
> - draft-ietf-p2psip-drr
> - draft-ietf-p2psip-rpr
> - draft-ietf-p2psip-self-tuning
> - draft-ietf-p2psip-service-discovery
> - draft-ietf-p2psip-concepts
> - draft-ietf-p2psip-diagnostics

Well, this was supposed to be covered by "The chairs go through the WG
status.", as Brian basically went through the slides. Would it be enough
if we modify it to say "The chairs go through the WG status slides."?

> then discussed in the list.

It's true that was discussed in Paris and we had the call on the list
before Vancouver. I think Brian mentioned the confirmation on the list
because at that time we had not yet notified the adoption on the list.
I'll modify the minutes to say "DISCO and SHARE documents. These will be
adopted as WG items."

> The text will be clarified to say that the hash does contain the length prefix.

OK, I've added your proposed text.

> through the finger table entries from i=1 and ..."

OK, I've added your proposed text.

> the draft, so there is no need for naked Ping.

OK, I've added your proposed text.

> to Cullen's explanations).

What about "Slide 6: Cullen thinks there is nothing to update in the
draft. That needs to be checked with Michael."?

> "Connection table" to be replaced with "Neighbor table" in 10.7.4.1.

OK, I've added your proposed text.

> Configuration files retrieved from the configuration server are *always* signed.

OK, I've added your proposed text.

> The agreed path is "/.well-known/reload-config"

OK, I've added your proposed text.

Minutes have been updated on the materials site. Thanks again for the
feedback.

-- 
Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano     http://www.netcoms.net
   GPG FP: D29B 0A6A 639A A561 93CA  4D55 35DC BA4D D170 4F67
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                IEEE Network Special Issue on
                  Video over Mobile Networks
 http://www.comsoc.org/netmag/call-papers (EXTENDED: July, 31)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 15:14:45 -0700

On 08/06/2012 02:19 PM, Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano wrote:
>> 1. The minutes about the beginning of the WG session are missing, i.e.
>> the part about the timeline of WGLCs for the following drafts:
>> 
>> - draft-ietf-p2psip-drr - draft-ietf-p2psip-rpr -
>> draft-ietf-p2psip-self-tuning - draft-ietf-p2psip-service-discovery -
>> draft-ietf-p2psip-concepts - draft-ietf-p2psip-diagnostics
> 
> status.", as Brian basically went through the slides. Would it be enough if
> we modify it to say "The chairs go through the WG status slides."?
> 

I was not sure that I got the order of the WGLCs right during the meeting,
especially with -diagnostics moved up, but now that I see that -drr and -rpr
are WGLCed, as promised, I think the text is fine.

Thanks again for resolving these quickly.

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin

---

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 00:29:49 +0200

Hi Marc,

> are WGLCed, as promised, I think the text is fine.

The plan (not 100% confirmed) after some discussion with our AD is to
issue WGLC of -diagnostics after -drr and -rpr, and then self-tuning,
and service-discovery.

> Thanks again for resolving these quickly.

Thanks for the comments.

Carlos

-- 
Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano  http://www.netcom.it.uc3m.es/
GPG FP: D29B 0A6A 639A A561 93CA  4D55 35DC BA4D D170 4F67

---

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 09:24:33 -0400

And there will likely be a reference to -diagnostics in -base.

Brian

On Aug 6, 2012, at 6:29 PM, Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip