Subject: [P2PSIP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-p2psip-base-25.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 17:37:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) Base Protocol
	Author(s)       : Cullen Jennings
                          Bruce B. Lowekamp
                          Eric Rescorla
                          Salman A. Baset
                          Henning Schulzrinne
	Filename        : draft-ietf-p2psip-base-25.txt
	Pages           : 174
	Date            : 2013-02-20

Abstract:
   This specification defines REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD),
   a peer-to-peer (P2P) signaling protocol for use on the Internet.  A
   P2P signaling protocol provides its clients with an abstract storage
   and messaging service between a set of cooperating peers that form
   the overlay network.  RELOAD is designed to support a P2P Session
   Initiation Protocol (P2PSIP) network, but can be utilized by other
   applications with similar requirements by defining new usages that
   specify the kinds of data that needs to be stored for a particular
   application.  RELOAD defines a security model based on a certificate
   enrollment service that provides unique identities.  NAT traversal is
   a fundamental service of the protocol.  RELOAD also allows access
   from "client" nodes that do not need to route traffic or store data
   for others.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-base

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-p2psip-base-25

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-p2psip-base-25

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Michael Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 07:57:26 -0700

Marc,

Thanks for the revision to section 10.5 bullet 2 and section 11.4.
However, just notice two places related to this that need the following
changes to match bullet 2:

Section 11.4 paragraph 2:
  Old: "sends an Attach request over this connection with the
destination Resource-ID set to the joining node's Node-ID."
  New: "sends an Attach request over this connection with the
destination Resource-ID set to the joining node's Node-ID plus 1."

Section 12 paragraph 2:
  Old: "JN then sends an Attach through that peer to a Resource-ID of
itself (JN)."
  New: "JN then sends an Attach through that peer to a Resource-ID of
its Node-ID plus 1 (JN+1)."

Section 12 diagram after paragraph 2:
  Old: "AttachReq Dest=JN"    2 occurrences
  New: "AttachReq Dest=JN+1"  2 replacements

Thanks

--Michael

> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: [P2PSIP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-p2psip-base-25.txt
> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, February 20, 2013 5:37 pm
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip