Subject: [P2PSIP] AD evaluation: draft-ietf-p2psip-self-tuning-11

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 16:15:08 -0700

I have reviewed this document in preparation for IETF last call. It’s in
good shape and I have issued the last call. Below I have a few comments
and questions for you to address together with any last call comments.

Section 6:
"To calculate an appropriate stabilization rate, the
   values of three parameters MUST be estimated: overlay size N, failure
   rate U, and join rate L.”

Seems like s/MUST/must/ is appropriate here — the formula for the
stabilization rate is essentially infeasible to calculate unless the
implementation estimates these parameters in any event.

Section 6.3:
s/K is set 25%/K is set to 25%/

Section 6.5:
It would be useful to have text here or in Section 7 to motivate the
choice of 4 as the default value for number-of-peers-to-probe and to note
the implications of using a number smaller than 4.

Section 8:
s/help ensuring/help ensure/

Section 9.1:
s/3/0x3/ (for consistency with the IANA registry)

Thanks,
Alissa