Subject: [P2PSIP] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-18: (with COMMENT)

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 13:56:34 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-18: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-sip/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The privacy issues text in the security consideration section sounds not
very convincing:

8.2.4.  Privacy Issues

   All RELOAD SIP registration data is visible to all nodes in the
   overlay.  Methods of providing location and identity privacy are
   still being studied.  Location privacy can be gained from using
   anonymous GRUUs.

Can you give more details or a reference regarding the methods that are
still under study?