Subject: [Pals] Suggested draft edits related to classifications

From: "Carl Moberg (camoberg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 08:36:52 +0000

Having read through the L2VPN and MPLS-based MPLS VPN drafts, I have some suggested edits.

 In the light of the work we’re doing in the YANG model classification draft (draft-bogdanovic-netmod-yang-model-classification) I would suggest the edited wording below to make it clear early in the documents that the models are intended for device-layer implementations (vs controller or orchestrator models).

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-zhuang-pals-l2vpn-yang-00.txt
OLD:
“”"
This document defines a YANG data model that can be used to configure
and manage L2VPN.  Both VPWS and VPLS are supported.
“””

NEW:
“””
This document defines a network element YANG Model that define the
device-centric data definitions for L2VPN. Both VPWS and
VPLS are supported.
“”"

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-shah-pals-mpls-l2vpn-yang-00.txt
OLD:
“””
This document introduces a YANG data model for MPLS based Layer 2 VPN
services (L2VPN) [RFC4664] as well as switching between the local
attachment circuits.
“””

NEW:
“”"
This document introduces a network element YANG Model that define the
device-centric data definitions for MPLS based Layer 2 VPN
services (L2VPN) [RFC4664] as well as switching between the local
attachment circuits.
“”"

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 10:50:42 +0200

Carl,

Thanks for the comments!

draft-shah-pals-mpls-l2vpn-yang is on the PALS agenda on Thursday, so that
will be a great opportunity to bring up these comments if you can make ti
to the meeting. If not, I'll just make a comment to alert people to read
your email.

Cheers,
Andy

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Carl Moberg (camoberg) <[email-masked]
> wrote:

>  In the light of the work we’re doing in the YANG model classification
> draft (draft-bogdanovic-netmod-yang-model-classification) I would suggest
> the edited wording below to make it clear early in the documents that the
> models are intended for device-layer implementations (vs controller or
> orchestrator models).
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Pals mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pals
>