Subject: [Pals] draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp

From: Santosh Esale <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 08:33:20 +0000

This draft has been presented in MPLS working group since
IETF Toronto. As it also overlaps with this working group,
find below short introduction to this draft.

Name:		draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-01.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-01

Abstract:
   Recent targeted LDP applications such as remote loop-free alternate
   (LFA) and BGP auto discovered pseudowire may automatically establish
   a tLDP session to any LSR in a network.  The initiating LSR has
   information about the targeted applications to administratively
   control initiation of the session. However, the responding LSR has no
   such information to control acceptance of this session. This document
   defines a mechanism to advertise and negotiate Targeted Applications
   Capability during LDP session initialization.  As the responding LSR
   becomes aware of targeted applications, it may establish a limited
   number of tLDP sessions for certain applications. In addition, each
   targeted application is mapped to LDP Forwarding Equivalence Class
   (FEC) Elements to advertise only necessary LDP FEC-label bindings
   over the session.

Please go through it and let us know your feedbacks and comments.

Thanks
Santosh (On behalf of authors)