Subject: [Pals] RFC 7708 on Using a Generic Associated Channel Label as a Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification Channel Indicator

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 16:37:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7708

        Title:      Using a Generic Associated Channel 
                    Label as a Virtual Circuit Connectivity 
                    Verification Channel Indicator 
        Author:     T. Nadeau, L. Martini, S. Bryant
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18881
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pals-vccv-for-gal-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7708

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7708

The Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) protocol
specified in RFC 5085 provides a control channel (CC) that is
associated with a pseudowire (PW).  This document specifies an
additional VCCV control channel type to be used with pseudowires that
do not use the PW Control Word and that are carried over an MPLS
network.  This new VCCV CC type uses the Generic Associated Channel
Label defined in RFC 5586 to distinguish VCCV packets from packets
carrying user data.  This new VCCV CC type introduces compatibility
with the method of MPLS Label Switched Path Operations,
Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) identification, particularly in
MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) networks (RFC 5921).

This document is a product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC