Subject: [Pals] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-pe-etree-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 14:58:47 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-pe-etree-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-pe-etree/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Section 3, first paragaph:
This seems to use 2119 keywords to describe existing requirements from
the referenced specification. Please avoid 2119 keywords for that (unless
in the form of direct quotes).

-9:
Can you elaborate on how the prevention of leaf-to-leaf communication
enhances security? As written, this seems to leave the actual enhancement
for the reader to infer.

- 4, last sentence:
s/are/is

---

From: Jiangyuanlong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 01:58:35 +0000

Ben,

-Sec. 3
There was a tentative suggestion to use rfc2119 keywords for Section 3 in the PALS mailing list, and we have no strong opinion at that time.
For the next version we will change these keywords back to lowercase.

-Sec. 9
The reason is, network attacks from a leaf to another leaf are avoided. We will add this sentence to the document.

-Sec. 4
OK.

Thanks,
Yuanlong

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Campbell [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2015 6:59 AM
To: The IESG
Cc: [email-masked]; Dr. Nabil N. Bitar; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-pe-etree-10: (with COMMENT)

-9:

- 4, last sentence:
s/are/is