Subject: [Pals] Protocol Action: 'Pseudowire Redundancy on S-PE' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pals-redundancy-spe-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 15:04:26 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Pseudowire Redundancy on S-PE'
  (draft-ietf-pals-redundancy-spe-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-redundancy-spe/

Technical Summary

  This document describes Multi-Segment Pseudowire (MS-PW) protection
   scenarios in which the pseudowire redundancy is provided on the
   Switching-PE (S-PE).  Operations of the S-PEs which provide PW
   redundancy are specified in this document.  Signaling of the
   preferential forwarding status as defined in [RFC 6870] is reused.
   This document does not require any change to the T-PEs of MS-PW.

Working Group Summary

  There was nothing particularly unusual in the progress of the draft. The document
   originated in the PWE3 working group and moved to the PALS working group when PWE3
   was concluded in November 2014. The primary discussion in PWE3 was around clarification
   of the new procedures at the S-PE. 

Document Quality

  There are multiple implementations of PW redundancy, based on RFC6718 and RFC6870.
   This document reuses the procedures in those RFCs in the context of an S-PE. 
   The document has also been widely reviewed by the original authors and 
   contributors to those RFCs. I do not have any concerns with the quality of the
   document.

Personnel

  The Document Shepherd is Matthew Bocci ([email-masked])
  The Responsible Area Director is Deborah Brungard ([email-masked])