Subject: [Pals] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pals-rfc4447bis-05.txt> (Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance using the Label Distribution Protocol) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 16:29:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled
Services WG (pals) to consider the following document:
- 'Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance using the Label Distribution
Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-pals-rfc4447bis-05.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-09-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Layer 2 services (such as Frame Relay, Asynchronous Transfer Mode,
   and Ethernet) can be "emulated" over an MPLS backbone by
   encapsulating the Layer 2 Protocol Data Units (PDU) and then
   transmitting them over "pseudowires". It is also possible to use
   pseudowires to provide low-rate Time Division Multiplexed and
   Synchronous Optical NETworking circuit emulation over an MPLS-enabled
   network. This document specifies a protocol for establishing and
   maintaining the pseudowires, using extensions to the Label
   Distribution Protocol (LDP).  Procedures for encapsulating Layer 2
   PDUs are specified in a set of companion documents.

   This document has been written to address errata in a previous
   version of this standard.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-rfc4447bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-rfc4447bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc3032: MPLS Label Stack Encoding (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)
    rfc5036: LDP Specification (Draft Standard - IETF stream)
    rfc7358: Label Advertisement Discipline for LDP Forwarding Equivalence Classes (FECs) (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.