Subject: [Pals] Kathleen Moriarty's Abstain on draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 06:49:06 -0800

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-04: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In response my discuss, a document to detail out security options was promised,
but has not materialized as of yet.  While the added text for my discuss points
out that MD5 isn't the best choice, there is no alternative or even a plan to
follow from this document (a reference to the promised draft would have been
helpful, but it doesn't exist yet).  As such, I am abstaining.  I do hope that
document will be pursued and the routing ADs will ensure follow through.