Subject: [Pals] [Errata Rejected] RFC8077 (5243)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 03:22:33 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC8077,
"Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance Using the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5243

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: JAYANT BHARDWAJ <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-01-25
Rejected by: Deborah Brungard (IESG)

Section: 6.1

Original Text
-------------
-  Group ID

      An arbitrary 32-bit value that represents a group of PWs that is
      used to create groups in the PW space.  The Group ID is intended
      to be used as a port index or a virtual tunnel index.  To simplify
      configuration, a particular PW Group ID at ingress could be part
      of a Group ID assigned to the virtual tunnel for transport to the
      egress router.  The Group ID is very useful for sending wildcard
      label withdrawals or PW wildcard status Notification messages to
      remote PEs upon physical port failure.

Corrected Text
--------------
-  Group ID
 
      An arbitrary 32-bit value that represents a group of PWs that is
      used to create groups in the PW space.  The Group ID is intended
      to be used as a port index or a virtual tunnel index.  To simplify
      configuration, a particular PW Group ID at ingress could be part
      of a Group ID assigned to the virtual tunnel for transport to the
      egress router.  The Group ID is very useful for sending wildcard
      label withdrawals or PW wildcard status Notification messages to
      remote PEs upon physical port failure or transport tunnel failure.

Notes
-----
The PW group can be created on basis of the transport tunnel index.

So  Group Id can be used to send PW wildcard status notification to remote PEs on physical port failure or Transport tunnel failure.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
Based on input from the Chair and pals wg members, I have rejected this errata. This sentence is not a normative sentence, it is an example. There are no interoperability concerns with the current text.

--------------------------------------
RFC8077 (draft-ietf-pals-rfc4447bis-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance Using the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
Publication Date    : February 2017
Author(s)           : L. Martini, Ed., G. Heron, Ed.
Category            : INTERNET STANDARD
Source              : Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG