Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-engelstad-pana-paa-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:01:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A mechanism for Discovery of PANA Authentication 
                          Agents (PAA-discovery)
	Author(s)	: P. Engelstad
	Filename	: draft-engelstad-pana-paa-discovery-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 29-Jan-02
	
A PANA authentication protocol is under development in the PANA
Working Group. It will allow hosts to authenticate with PANA
Authentication Agents (PAAs). The protocol is expected to run over
some IP-based transport protocol, such as ICMP, UDP, TCP or SCTP.
Before a host can authenticate with a PAA, it must obtain an IP-
address of the PAA. This document specifies such a 'discovery'
mechanism by defining extensions (or options) to Router
Advertisements and DHCP messages for both IPv4 and IPv6. Hosts MAY
also obtain an identity of a PAA and other information during the
discovery process. The proposed discovery mechanism makes no
assumptions about the location of a PAA, and more than one PAA may
be discovered.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-engelstad-pana-paa-discovery-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-engelstad-pana-paa-discovery-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-engelstad-pana-paa-discovery-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.