Subject: RE: EAP is not a good fit for non-trivial PANA

From: George Tsirtsis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:43:33 -0500

Hi Sam,

Thanks for bringing this up. I have to admit that I know virtually nothing
about SASL and from what I gather other people in this area are in similar
position, so we could not really argue with you in the meeting yesterday :-)

So, while I and others come up to speed with SASL it would be useful if you
could check how much SASL satisfies the PANA requirements and give us a
short analysis. Would you be willing to do that?

Regards
George

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Hartman [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 1:27 PM
To: Reinaldo Penno
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: EAP is not a good fit for non-trivial PANA

>>>>> "Reinaldo" == Reinaldo Penno <[email-masked]> writes:

    Reinaldo> You mean draft-myers-saslrev-01.txt?

    Reinaldo> thanks,

You can certainly look at that draft, although RFC 2222 is also fairly
reasonable.

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Mar 2002 09:30:48 -0500

I'll attempt to write up a comparison of PANA requirements and SASL
next week.  I may have some questions as I'm not completely sure which
of the PANA requirements are intendended to be requirements for the
authentication protocol PANA uses and which are requirements for the
messages PANA creates.

---

From: Reinaldo Penno <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:48:04 -0800 (PST)

did someone get the minutes from the meeting?

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards®
http://movies.yahoo.com/

---

From: "Alper E. YEGIN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:26:25 -0800

Hi Reinaldo,

Yes, we had two note takers. We'll be sending the
notes soon.

alper

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:12:15 -0800

> short analysis. Would you be willing to do that?

Personally, I think that SASL & PANA area perfect match, in that neither do
anything particularly useful.  Now if you could just work in COPS somehow...