Subject: PAA-EP protocol requirements (cont'd)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:37:28 +0200

hi all,

on behalf of the chairs, I come back on the PAA-EP protocol requirements
with a short write-up summarizing the requirements which reached
consensus until now, at least on the mailing list:

     4. PAA-EP Protocol Requirements...................................7
        4.1 Push model.................................................7
        4.2 Pull model.................................................7
        4.3 One-to-many PAA-EP relation................................8
        4.4 Inactive peer detection....................................8
        4.5 Stateful approach..........................................8
        4.6 Recovery...................................................8
        4.7 General Security Requirements..............................8
        4.8 Accounting/Feedback from the EPs...........................9
        4.9 Re-use of an existing protocol.............................9

it also discusses the assumptions and raises some issues about the EP
provisioning within the PANA context.

the very goal is to identify PANA-specific requirements for this
interface in order for the PANA wg to choose the best way to proceed
among the available alternatives.

the current version is available here (not yet on the IETF repository):
http://yacine.free.fr/ietf/draft-yacine-pana-paa-ep-reqs.txt

please read the draft and provide comments.

thanks,
yacine