Subject: FW: [issue7] Mobility Handling

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:38:14 +0300

Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]> added the comment:

Text proposal from Alper Yegin.
------

If PaC wants to resume an ongoing PANA session after
connecting to another link in the same access network, it
can send the unexpired PANA session id in its PANA_start
message. In the absence of session id AVP in this message,
PAA can assume this is a fresh session and assigns a new
session ID in the first PANA_auth message.

If PAA receives a session id in the PANA_start message, and
it is configured to enable fast re-authentication, it SHOULD
retrieve the PANA SA from the previous PAA of the PaC.
Determining the previous PAA of the PaC by using the PANA
session id is outside the scope of this protocol. A possible
solution is to embed the PAA id in the session id.
Furthermore, the mechanism required to retrieve the PANA SA
from the previous PAA is outside the scope of PANA protocol.
Seamoby Context Transfer Protocol [CTP] might be useful here.

If the PAA is not configured to enable fast
re-authentication, or can not retrieve the PANA SA, or the
PANA SA has expired, PAA MUST send the PANA_start message
with a new session id and let the PANA exchange take its
usual course. Otherwise, PAA MUST continue the PANA session
with PANA_reauth exchange (rather than PANA_auth exchange
which, in most of the times, means full authentication).
Device ID AVPs MUST be included in this exchange to bind the
new DIs to the PANA SA.

References

[CTP] J. Loughney, M. Nakhjiri, C. Perkins, R. Koodli,
"Context Transfer Protocol", draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-02.txt,
June 2003. Work in  progress.

----------
status: Pending -> Text Proposed
_______________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue7
_______________________________________________