Subject: FW: [issue11] Event Notification

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:38:53 +0300

Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]> added the comment:

Text proposal from Alper Yegin.
--------

Please change this text:

   Upon detecting the need to authenticate a client, EP can
send a PAC_discovery message to the PAA on behalf of the
PaC.  This message carries a device identifier of the PaC in
a Device-Id AVP. So that, PAA can send the unsolicited
PANA_start message directly to the PaC.  If the link between
the EP and PAA is not secure, the PAC_discover message sent
from EP to PAA MUST be protected by using, e.g., IPsec.

To:

   Upon detecting the need to authenticate a client, EP can
send a trigger message to the PAA on behalf of the PaC. This
can be one of the messages provided by the PAA-to-EP
protocol, or, in the absence of such a facility,
PAC_discovery can be used as well. This message MUST carry
the device identifier of the PaC. So that, PAA can send the
unsolicited PANA_start message directly to the PaC.  If the
link between the EP and PAA is not secure, this message sent
from EP to PAA MUST be protected (e.g., by using IPsec).

________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue11
________________________________________________