Subject: FW: [issue4] Device Identifier

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:42:16 +0300

Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]> added the comment:

Alper Yegin:

The issue text refers to multi-homed hosts and device ID
changes. These are covered under separate issues (#16 and #5).

So, issue #4 should only be talking about new DI types. And
the one mentioned in the text is "subnet prefix." Unless
anyone has another proposed device ID type, let's discuss that.

I'm trying to understand the utility of setting the DI as a
subnet prefix. If this is proposed to enable mobile routers
to connect to an access network, we can easily achive that
by using either a mac address DI along with L2 ciphering, or
a single IP address DI along with IPsec. In the latter
case, any IP address can be used inside the IPsec tunnel.
Aside from not needing it, I'm also not sure how we can use
this DI as an IPsec end point.

Unless anybody objects, I recommend we reject this issue.

_______________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue4
_______________________________________________