Subject: [Pana] Issue125: Why EAP PANA optimization could not always be required?

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:06:20 +0100

hi all, 

i would like to close issue#125. there is already a proposal to replace the
existing text in section 4.2 (first paragraph) which seems to be well
suited. 

 "
   The main task in authentication phase is to carry EAP messages
   between the PaC and the PAA.  EAP Request and Response messages are
   carried in PANA-Auth-Request messages.  PANA-Auth-Answer messages are
   simply used to acknowledge receipt of the requests.  As an
   optimization, a PANA-Auth-Answer message MAY include the EAP
   Response.  Another optimization allows optionally carrying the first
   EAP Request/Response in PANA-Start-Request/Answer message as
   described in Section 4.1
"

to (in xml):

"<t>
   The main task of the authentication phase is to carry EAP messages
   between the PaC and the PAA. EAP Request and Response messages are 
   carried in the PANA-Auth-Request message.  PANA-Auth-Answer messages are
   simply used to acknowledge receipt of the requests.  As an
   optimization, a PANA-Auth-Answer message MAY include the EAP
   Response.  This optimization MAY not be used when it takes time to
generate 
   the EAP-Response (due to, e.g., intervention of human input), in
   which case returning an EAP-Auth-Anser message without piggybacking an
   EAP-Response can avoid unnecessary retransmission of the
   PANA-Auth-Request message.  Another optimization allows optionally
   carrying the first EAP Request/Response in PANA-Start-Request/Answer 
   message as described in  <xref
target='section-discovery-and-handshake-phase'/>.</t>
"

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana