Subject: [Pana] Issue123: Expand "the very first request messages"

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:06:20 +0100

hi all, 

i guess we can close issue 123 if we change the current text in section 5.3
(paragraph 4) from:

"
   When a request message is received, it is considered valid in terms
   of sequence numbers if and only if its sequence number matches the
   expected value.  This check does not apply to PANA-PAA-Discover, and
   the very first request messages.
"

to 

"
   When a request message is received, it is considered valid in terms
   of sequence numbers if and only if its sequence number matches the
   expected value.  This check does not apply the following messages:
PANA-PAA-Discover, PANA-Start-Request and PANA-Start-Answer."
"

thanks to yoshi for his proposal. 
 
ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:22:53 -0800

> PANA-PAA-Discover, PANA-Start-Request and PANA-Start-Answer."

PANA-start-Answer need not be mentioned, as it simply echoes back the
seq. no from the PANA-Start-Request. Hence, last sentence could read:

	This check does not apply to the PANA-PAA-Discover and 
	PANA-Start-Request messages.

Alper

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:36:42 -0500

> 	PANA-Start-Request messages.

I agree.

Yoshihiro Ohba