Subject: [Pana] issue134: resolution

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:27:40 -0500

Change the following paragraph in section 4.3 of pana-pana-07a:

"
   Additionally, the PANA-Bind-Request message MUST include a
   Post-PANA-Address-Configuration (PPAC) AVP, which helps the PAA to
   inform the PaC about whether a new IP address MUST be configured and
   the available methods to do so.  The PaC MUST include a PPAC AVP in
   order to indicate its choice of method when there is a match between
   the methods offered by the PAA and the methods available on the PaC.
   When there is no match, a PPAC AVP MUST NOT be included and the
   Result-Code AVP MUST be set to PANA_PPAC_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED in
   the PANA-Bind-Answer message.
"

to:

"
   Additionally, the PANA-Bind-Request message MUST include a
   Post-PANA-Address-Configuration (PPAC) AVP, which helps the PAA to
   inform the PaC about whether a new IP address MUST be configured
   and the available methods to do so.  The PaC MUST include a PPAC
   AVP in order to indicate its choice of method when there is a match
   between the methods offered by the PAA and the methods available on
   the PaC.  When there is no match, a PPAC AVP MUST NOT be included
   and the Result-Code AVP MUST be set to
   PANA_PPAC_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED in the PANA-Bind-Answer message
   and the PaC MUST immediately terminate the PANA session.  When the
   PAA receives a PANA-Bind-Answer message without a PPAC AVP, it MUST
   immediately terminate the PANA session.
"

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:01:54 -0800

>    immediately terminate the PANA session.

Does the PaC send back a PBA or a PER to indicate mismatch of this
capability?

Alper

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:48:24 -0500

> Does the PaC send back a PBA or a PER to indicate mismatch of this

Yes, the PaC sends back a PBA with a PANA_PPAC_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED
result code (PBA as well as PBR always carries a Result-Code AVP).  No
PER is sent in this case.

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:22:00 -0800

PANA_PPAC_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED is an error code that is only available
to PANA-Error message.

Alper

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Yoshihiro Ohba [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 6:48 AM
> To: Alper Yegin
> Cc: 'Yoshihiro Ohba'; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Pana] issue134: resolution
>

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:35:29 -0500

> PANA_PPAC_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED is an error code that is only available

OK.  Then a PANA-Error-Request should be sent from the PaC instead of
a PANA-Bind-Answer message.  BTW, in section 8.3.7.2, it says:

"
   PANA_PPAC_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED  5017

      This error is returned in a PANA-Bind-Answer message when there is
      no match between the list of PPAC methods offered by the PAA and
      the ones available on the PaC.  Only PaC can generate this code.

"

I think this text should also be corrected.

Here is revised text:

---

"

to:

"
   Additionally, the PANA-Bind-Request message with a PANA_SUCCESS
   result code MUST include a Post-PANA-Address-Configuration (PPAC)
   AVP, which helps the PAA to inform the PaC about whether a new IP
   address MUST be configured and the available methods to do so.  The
   PaC MUST include a PPAC AVP in order to indicate its choice of
   method when there is a match between the methods offered by the PAA
   and the methods available on the PaC.  When there is no match, the
   PaC MUST send a PANA-Error-Request message with a
   PANA_PPAC_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED result code and terminate
   the PANA session.
"

Update section 8.3.7.2 of pana-pana-07a:

"
   PANA_PPAC_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED  5017

      This error is returned in a PANA-Bind-Answer message when there is
      no match between the list of PPAC methods offered by the PAA and
      the ones available on the PaC.  Only PaC can generate this code.
"

to:

"
   PANA_PPAC_CAPABILITY_UNSUPPORTED  5017

      This error is returned when there is no match between the list
      of PPAC methods offered by the PAA and the ones available on the
      PaC.  Only PaC can generate this code.
"

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 18:23:35 -0800

OK, agreed.

Alper

> Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 7:35 AM
> To: Alper Yegin
and
> > > > >    Post-PANA-Address-Configuration (PPAC) AVP, which helps the
PAA
> > to
> > > > >    AVP in order to indicate its choice of method when there is
a
> > match
> > > > >    and the PaC MUST immediately terminate the PANA session.
When
> > the
> > > > >    PAA receives a PANA-Bind-Answer message without a PPAC AVP,
it
> > MUST