Subject: [Pana] issue121: resolution

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:27:25 -0500

Change the following paragraph in section 4.2 of pana-pana-07a:

"
   A Nonce AVP MUST be included in PANA-Start-Request and
   PANA-Start-Answer messages.  The nonces are used to establish a PANA
   SA.
"

to:

"
   A Nonce AVP MUST be included in PANA-Start-Request and
   PANA-Start-Answer messages.  The nonces are used to establish a
   fresh PANA session key or a PANA_MAC_KEY (see section 5.3) which is
   a transient session key in the EAP key hierarchy
   [I-D.ietf-eap-keying] and is used only in the PANA protocol.
"

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:07:49 -0800

>    [I-D.ietf-eap-keying] and is used only in the PANA protocol.

This text gives the impression that there are two separate type of keys:
PANA session key, and PANA_MAC_KEY.

We only have the latter. I recommend we drop "a PANA session key or".

Alper

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:43:08 -0500

> We only have the latter. I recommend we drop "a PANA session key or".

OK.  

Yoshihiro Ohba