Subject: [Pana] Issue 153: Backend transparency?

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:00:36 -0800

http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue153

Let's drop the "When a AAA backend is used" from the text. Hence, the
new text for section 5.9 would be:

5.9  Network Selection

   In a discovery and handshake phase, a PANA-Start-Request message sent
   from the PAA MAY contain zero or one NAP-Information AVP and zero or
   more ISP-Information AVPs to advertise the information on the NAP
   and/or ISPs.  The PaC MAY indicate its choice of ISP by including an
   ISP-Information AVP in the PANA-Start-Answer message.  The identity 
   of the destination AAA server or realm MUST be determined based on 
   the explicitly chosen ISP.  When the ISP-Information AVP is not
present, 
   the access network MAY rely on the client identifier carried in the
EAP 
   authentication method to make this determination.  The PaC can choose
an 
   ISP and contain an ISP-Information AVP for the chosen ISP in a 
   PANA-Start-Answer message even when there is no ISP-Information AVP 
   contained in the PANA-Start-Request message.

Alper

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana