Subject: [Pana] FW: [issue154] PANA SA description: liveness test failure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 11:39:42 +0200

New submission from Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]>:

The liveness test failure result should be reflected in this text as well.

Change (07d):

PANA Session:

     A PANA session begins with the handshake between the PANA Client
     (PaC) and the PANA Authentication Agent (PAA), and terminates as
     a result of an authentication failure, a timeout, or an explicit
     termination message.  A fixed session identifier is maintained
     throughout a session.  A session cannot be shared across multiple
     network interfaces. Only one device identifier of the PaC is
     allowed to be bound to a PANA session for simplicity.

TO:

PANA Session:

     A PANA session begins with the handshake between the PANA Client
     (PaC) and the PANA Authentication Agent (PAA), and terminates as
     a result of an authentication or liveness test failure failure, a
     timeout, or an explicit termination message.  A fixed session
     identifier is maintained throughout a session.  A session cannot
     be shared across multiple network interfaces. Only one device
     identifier of the PaC is allowed to be bound to a PANA session
     for simplicity.

Br,
- Dan

----------
assignedto: dforsber
category: Editorial
document: draft-ietf-pana-pana-06.txt
messages: 541
nosy: dforsber
priority: Should Fix
status: Text Proposed
title: PANA SA description: liveness test failure
___________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
<http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue154>
___________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:54:55 -0800

Hi Dan,

The "timeout" in the text already covers for this case. It stands for a
timer expiration for any PANA message, including PANA-Ping-Request.

Alper

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 1:40 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pana] FW: [issue154] PANA SA description: liveness test
failure