Subject: [Pana] issue118: resolution

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:27:00 -0500

Update the following text in section 4.2 of pana-pana-07a:

"
      Cookie =
        <secret-version> | HMAC_SHA1( <Device-Id of PaC> , <secret> )

   where <secret> is a randomly generated secret known only to the PAA,
   <secret-version> is an index used for choosing the secret for
   generating the cookie and '|' indicates concatenation.  The
   secret-version should be changed frequently enough to prevent replay
   attacks.  The secret key is valid for a certain time frame.
"

to:

"
      Cookie =
        <secret-version> | HMAC_SHA1( <Device-Id of PaC> , <secret> )

   where <secret> is a randomly generated secret known only to the
   PAA, <secret-version> is an index used for choosing the secret for
   generating the cookie and '|' indicates concatenation.  The
   secret-version should be changed frequently enough to prevent
   replay attacks.  The secret key is valid for a certain time frame.
   The device identifier of the PaC can be extracted from a link-layer
   or IP header of PANA messages.
"

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:47:21 -0800

Makes sense.

Alper

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
> Yoshihiro Ohba
> Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 12:27 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pana] issue118: resolution
> 
PAA,
>    secret-version should be changed frequently enough to prevent
replay