Subject: [Pana] pana-fwk technical issue 3/4

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:52:48 -0500

Issue: In section 10.1 (DSL), DSLAM is missing in Figures 7, 8 and 9.
In the current DSL deployment, DSLAM is a transparent device from PANA
perspective In a future DSL model, PAA can reside in DSLAM which
directly connects ISP routers through VLANs.

Proposed resolution:

[1] Add DSLAM in Figures 7, 8 and 9 (but PAA is
still in the NAS)

[2] Add the following text about the future DSL model in section 10.1:

"
In the current DSL deployment, a DSLAM (DSL Access Multiplexor) which
is placed between the CPE and NAS is a transparent device from PANA
perspective.  In a future DSL model, the PAA may reside in the DSLAM
which may directly connect ISP routers through VLANs.
"

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana