Subject: [Pana] issues 130 and 132 resolved in 07b

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:41:54 +0200

Issues 130 and 132 were resolved in 07b (terminology clarifications):
http://www.toshiba.com/tari/pana/draft-ietf-pana-pana-07b.txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue130
"   Device Identifier (DI):"
Change from:

      "The identifier used by the network as a handle to control and
      police the network access of a client.  Depending on the
      access..."

To:

      "The identifier used by the network as a handle to control and
      police the network access of a device.  Depending on the
      access..."

"   Enforcement Point (EP):"
Change from:

      "A node on the access network where per-packet enforcement policies
      (i.e., filters) are applied on the inbound and outbound traffic of
      client devices..."

To:

      "A node on the access network where per-packet enforcement
      policies (i.e., filters) are applied on the inbound and outbound
      traffic of access devices..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue132
(07a)
"2.  Terminology"
Add to the end:

      "For additional terminology definitions see PANA 
      framework document [I-D.ietf-pana-framework]."

"   PANA Client (PaC):"
Change from:

      "The client side of the protocol that resides in the access device
      (e.g., laptop, PDA, etc.).  It is responsible for providing the
      credentials in order to prove its identity for network access
      authorization."

To:

      "The client side of the protocol that resides in the access device
      (e.g., laptop, PDA, etc.).  It is responsible for providing the
      credentials in order to prove its identity (authentication) for 
      network access authorization."

"   PANA Security Association (PANA SA):"
Change from:
      
      "A PANA security association is a relationship between the PaC
      and PAA, formed by the sharing of cryptographic keying material
      and associated context.  Security associations are duplex.  That
      is, one security association is needed to protect the
      bidirectional traffic between the PaC and the PAA."

To:

      "A PANA security association is formed between the PaC and the
      PAA by sharing cryptographic keying material and associated
      context.  The formed duplex security association is used to
      protect the bidirectional PANA signaling traffic between the 
      PaC and the PAA."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Br,
- Dan

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana