Subject: [Pana] Issues 129, 143, 147

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:23:32 -0800

Moving forward by removing the mobility optimization from the base PANA
specification. We'll create a new WG I-D with the removed text, and
continue the discussions from there.

That means we don't have to worry about issues 129, 143, and 147 in the
base specification.

And here is how we can remove all mobility optimization related text
from the document. 

[1] Section 3

Remove the following paragraph:

   PANA also allows creation of a new PANA session with a new PAA out of
   an existing session with another PAA.  This optimization allows PaC
   achieve quicker authorization without having to run EAP upon movement
   (changing PAAs).

[2] Remove Section 6.

[3] Section 8.2.3

Remove "[ Session-Id ]" from the PSA definition. 

[4] Section 11.5

Remove the following paragraph:

   Upon PaC's movement to a another PAA (new PAA) and request to perform
   a context transfer based optimization, the current PAA computes a
   AAA-Key-int based on the AAA-Key, ID of new PAA, and the session ID.
   This AAA-Key-int is delivered to the new PAA, and used in the
   computation of AAA-Key-new, which further takes a pair of nonce
   values into account.  After this point on, the AAA-Key-new becomes
   the AAA-Key between the PaC and the new PAA.

[5] Remove Section 11.9

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:06:05 +0100

> continue the discussions from there.

isn't draft-bournelle-pana-ctp the natural candidate for such a WG I-D ?

yacine

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:32:02 -0800

> isn't draft-bournelle-pana-ctp the natural candidate for such a WG I-D
?

bournelle-pana-ctp is specifying the CTP protocol.
Aforementioned I-D will be specifying the required changes on the 
PANA protocol. 
These are two separate parts.

Alper

---

From: Julien Bournelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:42:41 +0100

Hi all,

> bournelle-pana-ctp is specifying the CTP protocol.

In fact, we describe interactions needed between CTP and PANA. According
to the chosen solutioni (ongoing discussion), we may need to also require changes to PANA.

> Aforementioned I-D will be specifying the required changes on the 

I am not sure that this I-D is necessary if it is only a cut&paste. 

-- 
[email-masked]