Subject: RE: [Pana] Issue126: Clarify PANA-Error-Request msg withPANA-Reauth-Request

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:27:27 -0800

Folding in the latest discussion, here is what we get for resolving
issue 126.

Change the following paragraph (section 4.4 on 'Re-authentication
Phase', first paragraph) from:

     If PAA cannot identify the session, it MUST
     respond with a PANA-Error-Request with the error code
     PANA_UNKNOWN_SESSION_ID.  PANA-Reauth-Request/Answer messages MUST
     contain a MAC AVP when PANA SA is available.

To:

     If PAA cannot identify the session, it MAY
     respond with a PANA-Error-Request with the error code
     PANA_UNKNOWN_SESSION_ID. Transmission of this error message is
     made optional in case this behavior is leveraged for a DoS
     attack on the PAA.

Also, in section 8.3.7.2, change:

   PANA_UNKNOWN_SESSION_ID                 5002

      The message contained an unknown Session-Id.  PAA MUST NOT send
      this error result code value to PaC if PaC sent an unknown
      Session-Id in the PANA-Start-Answer message (session resumption).

To:

   PANA_UNKNOWN_SESSION_ID                 5002

      The message contained an unknown Session-Id. A PANA message
indicating 
      this error MUST include the unknown Session-Id AVP within a 
      Failed-AVP AVP.  

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:45:19 -0500

The text looks good.

Yoshihiro Ohba