Subject: [Pana] issue#124: Initial EAP Request carrying clarification

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:06:20 +0100

hi all, 

i would like to close issue#124 by replacing the following paragraph of
section 4.1 

"
   Initial EAP Request MAY be optionally carried by the
   PANA-Start-Request (as opposed to by a later PANA-Auth-Request)
   message in order to reduce the number of round-trips.  This
   optimization SHOULD NOT be used if the PAA discovery is desired to be
   stateless.
" 

with the following text (in xml)

"
<t>Initial EAP Request MAY be optionally carried by the
   PANA-Start-Request (as opposed to by a later PANA-Auth-Request)
   message in order to reduce the number of round-trips.  This
   optimization SHOULD NOT be used if the PAA discovery is desired to be
   stateless since transmission of an EAP request creates state at EAP
   layer. See <xref target="eap-statemachine"/> for more information on the
EAP state machine and the allocation of state information in the respective
protocol steps.</t>
"

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana