Subject: [Pana] issue140: resolution

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:28:15 -0500

Change the following text in section 4.3 of pana-pana-07a:

"
   PANA allows execution of two separate authentication methods, one
   with NAP and one with ISP under the same PANA session.  This optional
   feature may be offered by the PAA and accepted by the PaC.  When
   performed separately, the result of first EAP authentication is
   signaled via PANA-FirstAuth-End-Request and PANA-FirstAuth-End-Answer
   message exchange which delineates the first method execution from the
   next.  See Section 4.7 for a detailed discussion on NAP/ISP separate
   authentication.

   The result of PANA authentication is carried in a PANA-Bind-Request
   message sent from PAA to PaC.  This message carries the final EAP
   authentication method message (whether it is the second method of NAP
   and ISP separate authentication, or the sole authentication method)
   and the result of PANA authentication.  The PANA-Bind-Request message
   MUST be acknowledged with a PANA-Bind-Answer (PBA) message.  Figure 4
   shows an example sequence in an authentication phase (no separate
   authentication).
"

to:

"
   PANA allows execution of two separate authentication methods, one
   with NAP and one with ISP under the same PANA session.  This
   optional feature may be offered by the PAA and accepted by the PaC.
   When performed separately, the result of the first EAP
   authentication is signaled via PANA-FirstAuth-End-Request and
   PANA-FirstAuth-End-Answer message exchange which delineates the
   first method execution from the next.  See Section 4.7 for a
   detailed discussion on NAP/ISP separate authentication.

   The result of PANA authentication is carried in a PANA-Bind-Request
   message sent from PAA to PaC.  This message carries the final EAP
   authentication result (whether it is the second EAP authentication
   result of NAP and ISP separate authentication, or the sole EAP
   authentication result) and the result of PANA authentication.  The
   PANA-Bind-Request message MUST be acknowledged with a
   PANA-Bind-Answer (PBA) message.  Figure 4 shows an example sequence
   in an authentication phase (no separate authentication).
"

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:15:10 -0800

This looks good to me.

Alper

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
> Yoshihiro Ohba
> Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 12:28 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pana] issue140: resolution
> 
optional