Subject: [Pana] NEW: [issue170] pana-pana dual-stack

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:55:33 +0300

New submission from Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]>:

Change section 7.3.11 to:

"
7.3.11  Post-PANA-Address-Configuration (PPAC) AVP

   The PPAC AVP (AVP Code 11) is used for conveying the available
   types of post-PANA IP address configuration mechanisms when sent by
   the PAA, and the chosen one when sent by the PaC.  Each possible
   mechanisms is represented by a flag.  At least either N-flag or one
   or more of the other flags MUST be set when sent by the PAA, and
   exactly one or two flags among those set by the PAA MUST be set
   when sent by the PaC (see detailed flag setting rules below).  The
   AVP data is of type Unsigned32.

   The format of the AVP data is as follows:

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |N|D|D|A|T|I|                   Reserved                        |
      | |4|6| | | |                                                   |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   PPAC Flags

      N (No configuration)

         The PaC does not have to (if sent by PAA) or will not (if
         sent by PaC) configure a new IP address after PANA.

      D4 (DHCPv4)

         The PaC can (if sent by PAA) or will (if sent by PaC) use
         DHCPv4 [RFC3315] to configure a new IPv4 address after PANA.

      D6 (DHCPv6)

         The PaC can (if sent by PAA) or will (if sent by PaC) use
         DHCPv6 [RFC3315] to configure a new IPv6 address after PANA.

      A (stateless autoconfiguration)

         The PaC can/will use stateless IPv6 address autoconfiguration
         [RFC2462] to configure a new IPv6 address after PANA.

      T (DHCP with IPsec tunnel mode)

         The PaC can/will use [RFC3456] to configure a new IPv4
         address after PANA.

      I (IKEv2)

         The PaC can/will use [I-D.ietf-ipsec-ikev2] to configure (a)
         new IPv4 and/or IPv6 address(es) after PANA.

      Reserved

         These flag bits are reserved for future use, and MUST be set to
         zero, and ignored by the receiver.

   Unless the N-flag is set, the PaC MUST configure (a) new IPv4
   and/or IPv6 address(es) using one or two methods indicated by the
   other flags as follows.  When IPsec-based access control is used,
   only the T-flag or I-flag MUST be set when sent by the PAA, and
   only one of the flags among those are set by the PAA MUST be set
   when sent by the PaC.  Otherwise, only the D4-flag, D6-flag or
   A-flag MUST be set when sent by the PAA, and only one or two of the
   flags among those set by the PAA MUST be sent when sent by the PaC,
   except that the D6-flag and A-flag MUST be exclusively set when
   sent by the PaC.  Refer to [I-D.ietf-pana-framework] for a detailed
   discussion on when each configuration method can be used.  
"

Comments are appreciated.

Yoshihiro Ohba

----------
assignedto: yoshihiro
category: Technical
document: draft-ietf-pana-pana-08.txt
messages: 570
nosy: dforsber, yoshihiro
priority: Must Fix
status: Text Proposed
title: pana-pana dual-stack
___________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
<http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue170>
___________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana