Subject: Re: [Pana] 2 models for Accounting in pana-snmp ?

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:19:31 -0400

Yacine,

> hi julien, yoshi,
> 
> I'm sorry to dig up an old debate, but we need to be confirmed the
> following question concerning model 1: does the working group consider
> that SNMP meets the PANA performance requirements for transporting
> accounting information ?
> 
> this concern was historically the reason for having model 2 mentioned as
> well.

Although I do not recall past discussion on having two models (at
least I remember I wrote up those two models just because the two are
possible), according to section 3.4 of RFC 3127 SNMP actually fully
satisfies accounting requirements.

Yoshihiro Ohba

> thanks
> yacine

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:24:29 +0200

hi yoshi,

I was refering to past discussions that were held during the evaluation
of SNMP as the PAA-EP protocol. anyway, it seems there is a rough
consensus to remove model 2 and extending model 1 (The PAA is in charge
of collecting accounting information from the EP) and I accept that: so
let's move forward in this direction.

thanks,
yacine