Subject: [Pana] NEW: [issue166] Retransmission bugs (Sasikanth)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:47:13 +0300

New submission from Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]>:

Hi

Here are a few corrections needed in PANA draft 8

In Section 4.3
 " PANA-Bind-Request and PANA-Bind-Answer messages MUST be retransmitted
   based on the retransmission rule described in Section 5.2."

Section 8 states that retransmission happens only for request messages and
Start-Answer message when stateless discovery is used

In Section 5.2
" If the received PANA-Start-Request message included a Cookie AVP (an
indication of
  stateless PAA discovery), the PaC MUST retransmit the PANA-PAA-Discover
message
  until the first PANA-Auth-Request message is received."

But it is the PANA-Start-Answer message that has to be retransmitted after
receiving the
Start-Request message containing a cookie AVP. It is clearer in section 4.2
so may be removed from here

In Figure 10 - AVP occurrence table
PBR message carries PPAC AVP only in case of successful authentication
Therefore it has to be 0-1 in the table for PPAC AVP
Same change applies to the ABNF notation as well

Thanks and Regards

Sasikanth

----------
category: Technical
document: draft-ietf-pana-pana-08.txt
messages: 562
nosy: dforsber
priority: Must Fix
status: Pending
title: Retransmission bugs (Sasikanth)
___________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
<http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue166>
___________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana