Subject: [Pana] Another issue on error message

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:47:32 -0400

In Section 6.3:

"
      M (Mandatory)

         The 'M' Bit, known as the Mandatory bit, indicates whether
         support of the AVP is required.  If an AVP with the 'M' bit set
         is received by the PaC or PAA and either the AVP or its value
         is unrecognized, the message MUST be rejected and the receiver
         MUST send a PANA-Notification-Request message with 'E' bit set.
         If the AVP was unrecognized the result code of the PANA-
         Notification-Request message with 'E' bit set MUST be
         PANA_AVP_UNSUPPORTED.  If the AVP value was unrecognized the
         result code of the PANA-Notification-Request message with 'E'
         bit set MUST be PANA_INVALID_AVP_DATA.  In either case the
         PANA-Notification-Request message with 'E' bit set MUST carry a
         Failed-AVP AVP containing the offending mandatory AVP.  AVPs
         with the 'M' bit cleared are informational only and a receiver
         that receives a message with such an AVP that is not
         recognized, or whose value is not recognized, MAY simply ignore
         the AVP.
"

To be consistent with Section 7.6, the penultimate sentence should be
changed to:

"
In either case the PANA-Notification-Request message with 'E' bit set
MUST carry a Failed-Message-Header AVP and MAY carry one or more
Failed AVPs.
"

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana