Subject: [PANRG] FARA

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:59:45 +0200

This is the paper I referenced at the mic.  Only knowing what I heard at 
the meeting, FARA seems to have some similarities to SCION.

—aaron

https://www.isi.edu/newarch/DOCUMENTS/FARA.FDNA03.pdf

FARA: Reorganizing the Addressing Architecture
David Clark, Robert Braden, Aaron Falk, Venkata Pingali

ABSTRACT
This paper describes FARA, a new organization of network
architecture concepts. FARA (Forwarding directive, Association,
and Rendezvous Architecture) defines an abstract
model with considerable generality and flexibility, based upon
the decoupling of end-system names from network addresses.
The paper explores the implications of FARA and the range
of architecture instantiations that may be derived from FARA.
As an illustration, the paper outlines a particular derived 
architecture,
M-FARA, which features support for generalized
mobility and multiple realms of network addressing.