Subject: [paws] FW: [sipcore] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-05.txt

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 14:36:29 -0500

Something useful to look at .. the IETF does understand the concept of
location conveyance this is also part of the ECRIT 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Location Conveyance for the Session Initiation
Protocol
	Author(s)       : J. Polk, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-05.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2011-02-08

This document defines an extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
to convey geographic location information from one SIP entity to another SIP
entity.  The SIP extension covers end-to-end conveyance as well as
location-based routing, where SIP intermediaries make routing decisions
based upon the location of the Location Target.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-0
5.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:41:41 +0000

Indeed. And hence one of the reasons why I believe that the IETF is
well-suited to specify a solution in this space.

-Raj

On 2/8/11 1:36 PM, "ext Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Subject: [sipcore] I-D
>Action:draft-ietf-sipcore-location-conveyance-05.txt
>
>_______________________________________________
>paws mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/paws