Subject: [Pce] Proposed PCE WG Charter and relevant drafts

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:35:03 -0400

Dear list,

First of all, thanks for your comments on the proposed WG charter. 
Adrian and I are currently working on an updated version which will be 
posted to the list soon so as to be discussed during the second PCE BOF 
in Washington.

An important aspect that we would like to point out relates to the 
scope of this potential WG. As you know, the scope is limited to the 
use of PCE-based TRAFFIC ENGINEERING TE LSP path computation, We saw 
various drafts published recently whose applicability might not be 
limited to MPLS TE LSP (intra and inter-domain). Could you please 
clarify whether the intended applicability of those draft is limited to 
TE LSP (in which case they would fall under the scope of the potential 
PCE WG) or maybe extended to other types of path computation ?

JP.

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:08:14 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

> From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
> Date: October 20, 2004 5:35:03 PM EDT
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>, Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Proposed PCE WG Charter and relevant drafts
>
> Dear list,
>
> posted to the list soon so as to be discussed during the second PCE 
> BOF in Washington.
>
> clarify whether the intended applicability of those draft is limited 
> to TE LSP (in which case they would fall under the scope of the 
> potential PCE WG) or maybe extended to other types of path computation 
> ?
>
> JP.
>

---

From: "BOUCADAIR Mohamed RD-CORE-CAE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:41:52 +0200

Hi Jean Philippe and all,

We have submitted three drafts that focus on the computation of
inter-provider QoS constrained LSP paths. Service considerations are
taken into account in order to allow such scenarios in an inter-provider
environment.
We believe that the PCE approach is a viable track to offer QoS
sensitive services (e.g. VoIP).

These drafts are:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boucadair-pce-discovery-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boucadair-pce-interas-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boucadair-pcp-interas-00.txt

I suggest that this issue to be covered also by the work of the future
PCE WG. 

Med

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]De la
part de JP Vasseur
Envoye : mercredi 20 octobre 2004 23:35
A : [email-masked]
Objet : [Pce] Proposed PCE WG Charter and relevant drafts

Dear list,

JP.