Subject: [Pce] Re: Your input: Use of PCE in Inter-domain

From: raymond zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:44:24 -0700

Hi,

A PCE-based solution, as documented in "draft-ash-pce-architecture-00.txt" 
provides an acceptable solution to address # of requirements in dynamically 
establishing optimized inter-domain TE LSPs which would otherwise become 
unmanageable as the interconnect density increases in both # of 
interconnections per provider pair and # of provider interconnects.

Regards,
Raymond

At 12:11 PM 10/19/2004, Adrian Farrel wrote:
>Folks,
>The chairs and ADs would like your input on 
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-pce-architecture-00.txt in 
>the context of our inter-domain traffic engineering work.
>This draft documents an architecture for Path Computation Elements (PCE) 
>and is currently being discussed on the pce mailing list 
>(https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce)
>What we would like CCAMP to do is give us your opinion on whether PCE is 
>addresing an inter-domain problem that needs to be addressed, and if so 
>whether the architecture provides an acceptable way to resolve the problem.
>Answers to the mailing list in advance of the meeting in Washington would 
>be appreciated.
>Thanks,
>Adrian and Kireeti
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: "Parantap.Lahiri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:45:05 -0400

Hi Adrian and Kireeti,

I think the PCE based solution is a reasonable way of approaching this
problem. It might be a good idea to take it up in a PCE WG.

-Parantap 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of raymond zhang
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 10:44 PM
To: Adrian Farrel; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pce] Re: Your input: Use of PCE in Inter-domain

Hi,

Regards,
Raymond