Subject: [Pce] New Proposed PCE WG Charter

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:35:55 -0400

Dear list members,

First of all, thanks for various comments that we received from various 
sources. Adrian and I have updated the proposed WG Charter, which 
reflects those comments/suggestions. Obviously, further comments and 
feed-backs are very welcome: having a proposed WG charter we all agree 
on before our second BPF would be a good step.

Proposed PCE Working Charter and Milestones

WG items:

- Functional specification of MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineered LSP 
path computation techniques involving Path Computation Element(s). This 
includes the case of intra and inter-domain (where a domain might be a 
specific layer, an IGP area or an Autonomous System) TE LSPs path 
computation and applies to Point to Point and Point to Multipoint TE 
LSPs. Such path computation techniques include primary, protection and 
recovery paths as well as load balancing techniques.

- Specification of PCE-based architectures including centralized, 
distributed and cooperative models.

- Specification of routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP) and LSP signaling 
(RSVP-TE) extensions required by PCE-based path computation techniques.

- Specification of techniques in support of PCE discovery within and 
across domains. Where such techniques result in the extensions of 
existing protocols, this work will be done in conjunction with the 
appropriate WGs.

- Specification of new protocols or modifications to existing protocols 
to facilitate communication between PCC (Path Computation Client) and 
PCE(s), and between PCEs.

- Definition of protocol-independent metrics defining path quality 
measurement criteria and scalability criteria related to path 
computation techniques.

- Specification of requirements and protocol extensions related to the 
policy, security and confidentiality aspects of PCE-based path 
computation techniques involving PCEs of multiple administrative 
entities.

- Definition of MIBs and management procedures related to the new 
protocols, protocol extensions and operational elements defined by the 
WG.

The WG will work closely with the following other WGs: CCAMP, MPLS, 
ISIS, OSPF and IDR; and will also cooperate with the ITU-T and OIF 
where appropriate.

Proposed WG Goals and initial Milestones (date to be determined)

Requirement drafts (multiple drafts may be expected coming various 
other WGs and submitted to be PCE WG)

Finalize the PCE architecture document(s)
  
Identify and document a limited set of candidate solutions for PCC-PCE 
and PCE-PCE signaling. Among candidate solutions to be considered are 
the existing signaling protocols defined in other WGs.

Identify protocol extensions for PCE discovery

Thanks.

JP and Adrian.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce