Subject: [Pce] Liaison statement received from ITU-T SG15

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 18:30:21 +0100

Hi,

We have received a response liaison from the ITU-T. This will be published
on the IETF's web site in due course. In the mean time, the text can be
found below.

We will craft and send a response in due course.

Adrian

====

To: IETF PCE Working group
From: Hing-Kam Lam, Rapporteur Q14/15
      Malcolm Betts, Rapporteur Q12/15
      Jerry Shrimpton, Rapporteur Q6/15
Subject: Liaison Statement to IETF on the creation of a new PCE Working
group
For: Action
Deadline: 9 May 2005

Thank you for your liaison on the creation of the PCE working group.  The
ASON architecture (G.8080) already fully supports the distribution of
functions that you have described.  Providing protocols to support such
distributions is therefore of interest to SG 15.  We look forward to
establishing a cooperative working relationship on this topic.

Q.6/15 (Characteristics of optical systems for terrestrial transport
networks) noted that your charter contains the following item:
"- Definition of objective metrics to evaluate various criteria such as
the measurement of path quality, response time, robustness and scalability
of path computation models."

Could you please clarify the meaning of "path quality" in the above
definition? If this includes optical monitoring aspects, please be aware
that ITU-T Q.6/15 has developed a Recommendation, G.697, Optical
monitoring for DWDM systems which may be of interest to the PCE working
group. This Recommendation is currently in force.

In addition, we would appreciate a better understanding of whether the PCE
working group will study mechanisms by which optical path quality can be
calculated or only mechanisms for communicating the results of such
calculations.

An electronic copy of this liaison can be found at
ftp://sg15opticalt:[email-masked]/tsg15opticaltransport/COMMUNICATIONS/index.html.

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce