Subject: [Pce] Note on encryption for PCE Discovery

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 18:52:33 -0400

Dear WG,

draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-ospf-06.txt and draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto- 
isis-06.txt both passed WG LC and we're now working on addressing the  
DISCUSS raised during IESG review. On the particular topic of  
encryption, RFC 4674 states the following in section 4.6. "- There  
MUST be a mechanism to encrypt discovery information."

draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-ospf-06.txt clearly states that this  
requirement is not met: "OSPF provides no encryption mechanism for  
protecting the privacy of LSAs, and in particular the privacy of the  
PCE discovery information.", which is perfectly acceptable as long as  
this is documented.

If any of you has an issue with this, let us know by July 19, noon ET.

Thanks.

JP.

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce