Subject: [Pce] TED for inter area LSP establisment

From: "pavan bhat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:55:42 +0530

Hi,

I am not able to understand how is a  TED( compromising  of all areas) is
built , in case of inter area LSP establishment for centralized PCE model

Thanks ,

Pavan
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:39:41 +0100

Hi Pavan,

There is no mandated way to construct this TED.

A way this might be done is by the centralized PCE participating passively 
in the IGP in each area (for example through an IP tunnel). Another way 
might be by having a proxy in the area that sends the area's TED out to the 
centralized PCE. A third way might be for the PCE to read the TED from a 
specific router using the TED MIB or some other mechanism.

Of course, a centralized PCE might not be the best way to compute inter-area 
paths.

Adrian