Subject: [Pce] draft-dasgupta-ccamp-path-comp-analysis-01

From: Sukrit Dasgupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:43:28 -0400

Hi CCAMP and PCE

We have an ID: draft-dasgupta-ccamp-path-comp-analysis-01.txt that  
was presented in IETF 69 at Chicago. This draft captures a  
performance comparison of the per-domain path computation technique  
and PCE based path computation for computing inter-domain paths. The  
goal of this document is not to pick a winner but to shed some light  
on a few performance metrics with simulations carried out on two  
representative scenarios.

During the presentation at IETF69, we had positive comments and  
support for this draft. A few comments made on the CCAMP list have  
been incorporated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Abstract:
    This document presents a performance comparison between the per-
    domain path computation method and the Path Computation Element  
(PCE)
    Architecture based Backward Recursive Path Computation (BRPC)
    procedure.  Metrics to capture the significant performance aspects
    are identified and detailed simulations are carried out on realistic
    scenarios.  A performance analysis for each of the path computation
    methods is then undertaken.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ASCII version: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dasgupta- 
ccamp-path-comp-analysis-01.txt
PDF version: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dasgupta-ccamp- 
path-comp-analysis-01.pdf

It would be great if we could get some input/comments/suggestions on  
this work from the lists so we could proceed.

Thanks and Regards,
Sukrit

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce