Subject: [Pce] Discuss raised on draft-ietf-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:19:47 +0100

Hi,
Dave Ward has raised a Discuss on draft-ietf-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp 
during IESG review.

It reads...
==
It would be very helpful to put a listing of policy attributes that are 
under consideration in a section before the scenarios. The scenarios are 
very helpful as examples but, they are limited in their usefulness to 
understand what attributes and constraints are to be used to create policy. 
The doc is theoretical enough on the discussion of policy that it becomes 
unclear the actions that are to be taken.

There is also little discussion on the policy distribution mechanism when 
the PCC is separated from the PCE. It would seem an important part of the 
framework and some more text is required to understand what is necessary.

There are statements that COPS is not required but, it is referred to 
throughout the doc. If it is not required what is another technique that 
could be used, recommended or is going to be followed in the WG?
==
You can see a copy at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp/comment/80085/

Do the authors have any thoughts on how to respond?

Cheers,
Adrian

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce