Subject: [Pce] RFC 5441 on A Backward-Recursive PCE-Based Computation (BRPC) Procedure to Compute Shortest Constrained Inter-Domain Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:53:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5441

        Title:      A Backward-Recursive PCE-Based Computation (BRPC) 
                    Procedure to Compute Shortest Constrained Inter-Domain 
                    Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths 
        Author:     JP. Vasseur, Ed.,
                    R. Zhang, N. Bitar,
                    JL. Le Roux
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 39936
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-brpc-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5441.txt

The ability to compute shortest constrained Traffic Engineering Label
Switched Paths (TE LSPs) in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks across multiple domains has been
identified as a key requirement.  In this context, a domain is a
collection of network elements within a common sphere of address
management or path computational responsibility such as an IGP area
or an Autonomous Systems.  This document specifies a procedure
relying on the use of multiple Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to
compute such inter-domain shortest constrained paths across a
predetermined sequence of domains, using a backward-recursive path
computation technique.  This technique preserves confidentiality
across domains, which is sometimes required when domains are managed
by different service providers.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute