Subject: [Pce] I-D Action:draft-zhang-pce-reqs-for-otn-00

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:27:34 +0800

Hi PCEers

We asked a time slot for the I-D:draft-zhang-pce-reqs-for-otn-00. 

Because the threshold BER value of an optical path is affected by the FEC 
and modulation format that the signal adopts, there are some PCEP 
requirements for PCE applied in OTN networks.

Here we give two scenarios: 

One is that PCC has selected the modulation and FEC function of the signal 
and limited the threshold of the Pre-FEC BER values, then requests PCE to 
find an optical path who can satisfy the requirements. PCE returns the 
results back to PCC. 

The other is that PCC just requests the path computation (PCC has not 
loaded the FEC and modulation functions ), PCE determines the 
FEC/modulation of the signal(including PCC and every opaque optical node 
in the path), then calculates the BER value, and returns these parameters 
back to PCC. PCC uses this information to setup the LSP.

Be appreciated to Julien & JP for their kindly reminding.

Any comments are welcome.

:)

Fei