Subject: [Pce] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-monitoring-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:45:04 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A set of monitoring tools for Path Computation Element based Architecture
	Author(s)       : J. Vasseur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-monitoring-08.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2010-01-20

A Path Computation Element (PCE) based architecture has been
specified for the computation of Traffic Engineering (TE) Label
Switched Paths (LSPs) in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks in the context of single or
multiple domains (where a domain refers to a collection of network
elements within a common sphere of address management or path
computational responsibility such as IGP areas and Autonomous
Systems).  Path Computation Clients (PCCs) send computation requests
to PCEs, and these may forward the requests to and cooperate with
other PCEs forming a "path computation chain".

In PCE-based environments, it is thus critical to monitor the state
of the path computation chain for troubleshooting and performance
monitoring purposes: liveness of each element (PCE) involved in the
PCE chain, detection of potential resource contention states and
statistics in term of path computation times are examples of such
metrics of interest.  This document specifies procedures and
extensions to the Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) in order
to gather such information.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on July 24, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2010 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-monitoring-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.