Subject: [Pce] Protocol Action: 'Inclusion of Manageability Sections in PCE Working Group Drafts' to Historic (draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:03:25 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Inclusion of Manageability Sections in PCE Working Group Drafts'
  (draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements-11.txt) as a Historic

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements/

Technical Summary

   It has often been the case that manageability considerations have
   been retrofitted to protocols after they have been specified,
   standardized, implemented, or deployed. This is sub-optimal.
   Similarly, new protocols or protocol extensions are frequently
   designed without due consideration of manageability requirements.

   The Operations Area has developed "Guidelines for Considering
   Operations and Management of New Protocols and Protocol Extensions"
   (RFC 5706), and those guidelines have been adopted by the PCE Working
   Group.

   Previously, the PCE Working Group used the recommendations contained
   in this document to guide authors of Internet-Drafts on the contents
   of "Manageability Considerations" sections in their work. This
   document is retained for historic reference.

Working Group Summary

   Previously, the PCE Working Group used the recommendations contained
   in this document to guide authors of Internet-Drafts on the contents
   of "Manageability Considerations" sections in their work. This
   document is retained for historic reference.
 
   WG consensus to publish as historic RFC and move towards RFC 5706.

Document Quality

   No protocol extensions but the initiative has resulted in RFC 5706.

Personnel

Julien Meuric <[email-masked]> is the Document
Shepherd.  

Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]> is the Responsible Area Director